1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sungoa2010

Poor man. The question is why it couldn't save his life? Looks like airbag has activated.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Was not wearing a seatbelt, as per other newspaper reports. He was thrown out of the car on impact.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

I read that the railing had ripped off the driver side door & it cut through his stomach instantly killing the driver. In the pic you can see that the driver side door had come out.
  4. Manilruben

Manilruben Amatore

i was shocked reading the news about person getting killed in a LAMBORGHINI !!!! so do i assume PUNTO is safer and in the same accident he would have survived
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

No car in the world can save a person if someone is stupid enough to drive a car above 200 km/hr that too without wearing a seat belt.
    At such high speed the car would have hit the railing even before he could have removed his feet from accelerator and pressed brake pedal.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    A few days back I had a dream that my dad has sold our Palio and bought a Punto Active for my elder brother :)

Hope this dream comes true some day :D
  7. If your Fiat Palio has 1.6 16v Torque engine, I seriously wish your dream does not come true, if you know what I mean. ;)

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

How in the world could you miss this as a diesel lover?

Audi Q7 6.0 TDI quattro, V12 (2008 model), 5,934 cc (5.934 L; 362.1 cu in) V12 twin turbo, 500 PS (368 kW; 493 hp)@3750, 1,000 N·m (738 lb·ft)@1750-3250. That's the torque of one hell of an Armored vehicle, THE MARAUDER which could walk over on the cars without feeling a Bump..!! Watch Top Gear episode for Marauder test-drive. With 1000 NM torque, Marauder pulled back a big Lorry (recovery vehicle) when it was trying to escape away. Just like Municipal people captures those mad dogs & drags them all the way to the cage:mrgreen:.

But yes, BMW is becoming total insane in inserting Turbo's. FIAT/Alfa Romeo never needed diesel engines bigger than 2.4 Ltr coz of only C-D segment cars. Maserati/Ferrari doesn't use diesels as we know. But now with Maserati SUV & Jeep SRT diesel due for 2013, they are preparing some scary diesels & things will be out before 2013-2014:rolleyes:. I would put my money on FIAT instead of VW any-day if it comes to take on BMW diesel engine madness. Especially if FIAT is preparing a diesels for Maserati SUV/baby Quattroporte.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

I know that ENKI bhai. I was a V12 TDI fanboy way back when it was launched. But, In today's day and age , there is no space for this and VW's other monster diesel - the V10 diesel.

Why the BMW engine is so important is that it does not need 12 cylinders or 5934cc's to provide obscene power. Yes it does not have 500bhp and 1000NM, but hell, it does have 381hp and 740Nm. And it also gives 44Miles per gallon (UK gallon).

In today's day and age of right-sizing, the BMW Inline six monster makes much more sense than any V12 or V10 leviathan. The V12 and V10 diesels are going to fade into the sunset very, very soon. Because they will be redundant.

This Inline-six makes more hp than even AUDI's 4.2TDI V8. Just wait for those German tuners to come up with a remap for this engine - and see 420+hp and 850Nm+ easily from the BMW I6.

I hope now you can appreciate what BMW have created here. A masterpiece. No two opinions about it.

10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Ohhh... You took it totally wrong on my part. Even BMW's 3 ltr twin-turbo v6 & a new one with single turbo are masterpieces. This tri turbo is altogether one of it's kind. I just meant how mad these torque figures could be in passenger vehicle. VW's V12/V10 are no where in the sight when compared with BMW in sophistication/engineering. BMW's specific output with that FE is just unimaginable & Holyyyy Cowwww like..!! The VW TDI managed 4 mpg (US) & being the worst mpg in diesel category in US. Indeed, BMW has introduced the concept of sports saloon with diesel, i am not holding any credit where it's due. But It also surprises me sometimes why didn't Ferrari/Porche/Lamborghini ever think a diesel, even when BMW showed them how good a diesel sports car could be. Since drifting/burnouts are primarily dependent on torque figures of the engine, their tires will create mini sandstorms with that kind of torque.They should try this.

But Gurjinder, pls note one thing & keep a close eye. Alfredo Altavilla, CEO of Fiat Powertrain Technologies declared in 2009 that they are aiming only for BMW's twin turbo for specific outputs, FE & emissions. I mean the comment is pretty credible if it comes from the CEO. There are pretty credible reports on 3ltr V6 MJD-2 Twin Turbo for Maserati that they have managed power levels more than 330 BHP against BMW's 306 HP. Now i don't know about developments of tri turbo but you be assured that if ever launched, it will manage significantly more than BMWs. If they couldn't do it, they won't introduce a tri turbo diesel in Maserati. You know that has been foray of Ferrari/Maserati that their every their new launch has to have some of the bests/mosts of the world in those days. That's why i bet only FIAT at present who may manage it against BMW. If not FIAT, then it's BMW all the way.

---------- Post added at 11:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 AM ----------

Infact not only him, but everyone speaking in favor of FIAT got "banned". Charioteer just wrote that how he found FIAT's service experience "Top Class" during his last 3 services & he is "banned". They didn't delete his post to warn other Fiatians "Never ever comment top Class for FIAT. We oppose any biased attitude towards a particular brand:hit".

Man!! who are these Dumbo's?? They look more like spy agents from Pakistan/China instead of some Indian Car Enthusiast. I can bet that every single one of them receives not more than a cheque of Rs. 500/week as Hafta Vasool from Maruti/Hyundai:mischievous.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Jishnu,Could you pls mention his comment? The post has been deleted so can't read it.