1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree.

My card has now become more prone to get breached than ever before. I have another concern. What if any of the staff of the merchant use some kind of skimmer device to collect the card data with the PIN we enter?
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    To add to the misery, there are umpteen keystroke recorder software programs on the internet that easily records as/what you type. All we can do is to be careful while using our hard earned money.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The new rule has been implemented to enhance the safety. Personally, I prefer a debit card with a pin than without. Even if the card is lost, risk of ones' money being wiped off through purchase is minimal. My friend unfortunately lost his Visa debit card and within no time, it was used at various shops for shopping as it didn't needed PIN authentication. Maestro debit cards always had this pin usage feature. But yes, it has to be used judiciously, else any security feature goes down the drain

^^ on a lighter note, may be this is the reason people prefer shouting their PINs aloud than type :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    MH370 is lost

Malaysia has just announced that flight MH370 is lost with all lives on the plane. This has come after more than 2 weeks of intensive search operation from the international teams.

RIP MH370.

Note:- I did come across lot of jokes on MH370 disappearance on social media and also on some FM radios as well. This shows absolute lack of maturity and they have no consideration towards sympathizing for the families and friends of those who traveled on MH370. If you can't help anyone, keep your mouth shut. Do not make fun of it.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    No trace of plane or debris, yet they "assume" that the plane is "lost with all lives".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  6. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    A text message sent to families by the airline saying it had to be assumed "beyond reasonable doubt" that the plane was lost and there were no survivors.

The revelation by Prime Minister Najib Razak came at a late-night news conference in Kuala Lumpur.

It was based on new analysis by British satellite firm Inmarsat, which provided satellite data, and the UK's Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB).

The firms "have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean, west of Perth," Mr Razak said.

"This is a remote location, far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that, according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean."

Mr Razak appealed to the media to respect the privacy of the families of the passengers and crew, saying the wait for information had been heartbreaking and this latest news harder still.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In Youtube so many videos are floated with mindless speculations. Someone even posted video footage of Famous aircraft landing on Hudson River in US in early 90's.
    Its very disturbing that they are making fun out of the tragic accident. RIP .
    1 person likes this.
  8. hello2anand

hello2anand Amatore

Bangalore

I would be better & secure, if a finger print scanner is used for all such stuff rather than typing/reading the PIN. Sure, it has its own pros & cons but at the end of the day, you will be rest assured you control your transactions....Not sure if the Banking industry is giving a thought on this....
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ There has been a direction from RBI that all debit cards have to be EMV chip cards now. As per them, these EMV chip cards are difficult to duplicate/replicate

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  10. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast