1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
  2. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    yes this was the one I was talking about :), asked for one, got two ;) thanks both of you for sharing. Now my colleague got convinced that Punto can reach this speed. This issue came up when he was not believing that I touched 175 in my Punto (that too 4 times). He says since its 1.4 engine, it can got till 140 :p He drives City VTec, 1.5 he could achieve max 160.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why just photo? Sreedhara_bj can take his friend to shams/DRIV3R. They will be happy to show a real time demo. :D
    2 people like this.
  4. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

Bangalore
    Even I can show him, since I touched this speed 4 times till now :)
  5. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    According to his logic, the top speed of his car should be 150 kmph! How did he reach 160?? :D
    Ps- scared to even think what speeds a 5lt or a 6lt car will achieve! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    You Made a valid Point Here. :-D
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Wow,amazed to see Punto 75 hp touching 180 top speed with 4 people on board with AC on.
    I could manage 157 once on Belgaum Hubli Highway,could have easily done more than 160 but a sharp turn came & a bus was taking a U turn on my lane from opposite lane so I let out the throttle.I was driving with my dad & mom occupied & they couldn't believe that I was doing more than 150.Punto 75hp's engine noise gets silent & less audible as we do more than 150 is what I observed.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Why was entering PIN made mandatory for Debit cards by the RBI?

Offlate, I am noticing that people happily telling their PIN at the counters instead of entering it on their own. And guys at restaurants ask for the PIN number when they collect the card from the user. This is becoming more riskier than before. Now, those who want to create a cloned debit card, they will get to know the PIN number directly from the card holder itself.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While it is good from a security point of view, you are also forced to punch your PIN in front of a crowd staring at the machine, making sensitive information public.
    Recently, I read about a virus that infects endpoint swiping machines and collects sensitive information. This may still be making rounds if the firmware has not been updated in these machines. After having these machines at almost every shop, small or big, how many of them really know or care about a required software upgrade.

Better pay in cash than regret later.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I too see this happening at quite a few places. I have seen people giving the card and shouting out the PIN numbers at petrol bunks. How difficult is it to get out the car while fueling and keying in the PIN number when swiping the card? I surely dont get this.

The intent was to add more security, but the people who is supposed to protect such details are giving it out in open.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2014