1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one of the best videos i ve seen in recent times !! by Fiat Freestyle team,a very active team, unfortunately Fiat india seems to be unaware of this whole program by Fiat itself !! a whole new perspective to Kashmir, should not miss, if possible hear in the headphones, nice music and excellent audio video quality !!
    This Amazing Video Of Kashmir Shot From The Sky Will Take Your Breath Away.
    2 people like this.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Your expert advice needed guys, because I did not really know whom to ask
    A 4G reliance tower has come up in the small vacant plot right next to my house, yet to be commissioned.
    Will it cause harm?,we have lots of african love bird, finches,cockateils, fishes and dogs as pets.
    Will it cause harm to human and will it interfere with signals for tv or mobile in our house.
    Am even scared of its height and one storm, it would even fall on our house, since they did not even wait for one week for the cement basement to heel.
    The neighbour on the other side was concerned too and asked us if we should do something to stop it
    Please help with your knowledge guys.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The truth is not out there in black and white about these cell phone towers. Lots of ambiguity is there about these. However, a few years back there was a group of residents in certain locality in Mumbai who had increasing no. of serious health issues, some terminal in nature, which they claimed was due to pretty close proximity, on top of their buildings.

Approach local municipal authorities and write letters to the company. Alternatively get legal help, citing other concerns of safety if possible. A bigger group of local people should help put some pressure.
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh my God
    Am dumb struck
    Even I had never seen a tower in such a crowded loacality like mine.
    How bad this neghbour has put us through such a hazard just for a monthly rental of 8 k, which he will collect and reside in the next town
    How bad
    I have read in several newspapers that small birds like myna dissappeared from Chennai mainly because of these towers
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Times%u00252Bof%u00252BIndia-Goa-7Jan-2012%u00252BPage%u00252B4.jpg

Mumbai citizens link cancer to cell phone towers - The Hindu

Ok, so as per this report from TOI, (and many others) there is a group of scientists who suggest increased health risk. Recent cases have seen alarming no. of health issues to people near these stations. Bala, no need to panic immediately. Just try to contact the company and create awareness in the local community to see if this garners support. They say the cell phone companies boost the power to compensate for lack of adeqate towers, which is what causes health hazard. If they comply adequately there shouldnt be too much of risk exposure. Sorry to know your situation, I can feel the concern you have.
    2 people like this.
  6. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes it is harmful.
    Some of the most powerful cell tower installations are on mountains and hilltops outside of urban areas. These EM fields have impacted humans, animals as well as the ecological balance. Studies of people and farm animals living around high voltage wires point to extreme hazards of living up up-close to a powerful electromagnetic field (EMF) - exhibiting everything from stress and sleep disorders to birth defects, cancer and Alzheimer’s. All cell site exposure risks.

Cell towers (or cell sites) that hold antennas and other communications equipment. They flood the area for miles around with powerful high frequency radio waves (known as microwaves) to support the use of cellphones as well as Wi-Fi, WiMax, Wireless LANs, 802.11 networks, Bluetooth supported devices, and more.

You can simply get a stay order from court.
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thanks friend for your kind words and efforts to guide me.
    After reading your post yesterday I googled and was completely taken aback by the horrowing authenticated,scientific evidences of several hazards ranging from brain cancer,cancer in all other organs, alzheimers disease,infertility in children, etc, etc.These are not such assumptions, evidence s times and various other journals have supporting evidences.
    Even more alarming is the fact that living with in 50m is like living in a microwave oven,I live 5 m away.
    There are 10 schools with 30k students, 3 colleges with 5 k students, 15 hospitals, 100 doctors and half a lakh population in 1 km radius, how bad.
    Even more pathetic is that my father's sister' s son is a Rajya sabha MP and he won't do anything except to fall at the feet of his part high command, same is the case of the MLA too who does not even live in this constituency.God save this country.
    Am going to take a print out and give it to the school just opposite to my house and see what happens.
  8. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Bala,

Supreme Court has recently forced the Central Government to enact proper guidelines as prescribed by the International Commission on Non-Ionising Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) regarding the use of mobile phones and base station towers of mobile operators.
    This has been done to protect people from harmful radiation. Some 80 mobile towers exist in the city, some of them too near to schools and hospitals.

New Norms Makes it clear that,
    Telecom Companies Must Obtain
    1. permission of resident welfare associations
    2. municipal approval

In this case you can get a stay order from court
  9. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Thank you so much Murphy
    will talk to neighbours today and seek the modalities to get the stay.
    I don't think that this neighbour who had rented out his place would have got clearance. It was all done in a hurry and hushed up but yet to be commissioned.
    Am going to give the print outs from Google to Indian medical association, since at least 100 doctor colleagues live in half a km radius, let them get the stay.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, but make it sure to get the stay order before commissioning.