1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    huh.......!!!

996073_10151918258662669_497378236_n.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    a very wrong choice of car !!
    sharing some i got from subaru fan page..
    1451551_616777821694037_1903342419_n.jpg
    1488097_621506591221160_1600147383_n.jpg
    1463618_619293248109161_1830739047_n.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    In 2013, from lane indiscipline to wrong parking, Bangalore motorists seem to be losing it on the road. Till Nov 30, police booked a whopping 47.46 lakh cases against the violators. H M Chaithanya Swamy and Bharath A Patel give you a lowdown

1. WRONG PARKING
    TOTAL CASES: 18.04 lakh
    NOTORIOUS AREAS: Cubbon Park, Mico Layout and Upparpet

Car owners think it is cheaper to pay Rs 100 penalty to the police for parking the vehicle on the road instead of paying for parking in a shopping mall," quipped a police officer. In fact, Bangaloreans have become notorious for parking their vehicles wherever they want. "We have installed no-parking boards, but we find cars and bikes parked right in front of them," the officer added. While police blame it on the motorists' don'tgive- a-damn attitude, the latter ask: "Where is the space for parking?"

Bangalore's vehicle population has touched 47 lakh, but availability of designated parking spaces has not crossed even 10,000 vehicles in the last two decades. Wrong parking tops the list of Bangalore's traffic offences because the fine amount is only Rs 100. The problem is more acute in the central business district and Majestic area. Additional commissioner (traffic) B Dayananda said, "People are negligent and callous. Though there are parking lots nearby in a few places, people don't park there because they don't want to walk. Time constraints can also be a factor for parking in nonparking places."

However, the main reason is the lack of parking space in buildings. According to guidelines, every building should have parking space in the basement.

Dayananda said, "This point was raised in the recent meeting held by the home minister. We have requested the BBMP to clear all basements used for other purposes and allot them for parking alone. Most apartments do not allow visitors' vehicles inside their premises. This is wrong. Only if they allow visitors' vehicle will the roads become free."

2. NOT WEARING HELMET
    TOTAL CASES: 7.30 lakh
    NOTORIOUS AREAS: Banashankari, Jayanagar and Vijaynagar

With 33 lakh two-wheelers on its roads, Bangalore has the highest number of two-wheelers in the country. The flip side of this is the rise in the number of riders who do not wear helmets. Not a single day passes by in the city without a bike rider suffering head injuries. A majority of the victims are in the age-group of 20-25 years.

While some don't wear helmets because they don't want to mess up their hair-style, others shun helmets to prove they are daredevils. In some parts of Devanahalli, Yelahanka, Bannerghatta Road and Sarjapur Road, people not wearing helmets is common.

Dayananda said, "Elders and youths, both ride without helmet in interior areas. If police catch them they give excuses like, 'I was on my way to a nearby shop and my house is close by.' This is the reason why we started the campaign 'Helmet is not for the bike, it is for you'. Not wearing helmet is one of the major reasons for fatalities in many accidents. People wear helmets only if there is police presence. Instead, they should realize it is for their own good." Banashankari and Jayanagar register most number of cases as these areas are dotted by several colleges.

3. DRIVING ON NO ENTRY ROAD
    TOTAL CASES: 3.99 lakh
    NOTORIOUS AREAS: Hosur Road, Mysore Road and Cubbon Park

In an effort to take a shortcut to avoid snarls and save time, motorists end up on the wrong side of the road. The major offenders are two-wheeler riders. Dayananda said, "In a few places trees have covered the 'No Entry' signs. We have told the BBMP to clear the branches. If people are truly unaware that they have entered a One Way in the wrong direction, they are warned and forgiven."

Most 'No Entry' offences are reported in Madivala traffic police station limits, because people want to avoid the lengthy road. They will come in one way from Garvebhavipalya to Bommanahalli. In Madivala 26,831 cases were booked, in Cubbon Park police station limits 18,066 cases and in Byatarayanapura traffic police station limits around 15,592 cases.

4. JUMPING SIGNAL
    TOTAL CASES: 3.63 lakh
    NOTORIOUS AREAS: Chikkajala Cross on KIA Road and Yelahanka
    Jumping traffic signals soars during peak hours with everyone wanting to reach their destination soon. Dayananda said, "On many roads, Zebra Crossings have not been marked properly. The tender process is over, and we will soon have crossings at all junctions. We book cases only if a person crosses the Zebra crossing completely. We are not booking persons whose vehicles are parked on the Zebra crossing."

Around 3,63,517 cases were registered in Bangalore till November. In Chikkajala on KIA Road, jumping signal offences were the highest with police booking 25,592 cases. In Yelahanka 14,688 and in Banashankari 14,081 cases were booked.

5. LANE INDISCIPLINE
    TOTAL CASES: 2.42 lakh
    NOTORIOUS AREAS: KIA Road,Hosur Road and Outer Ring Road

Cops book motorists who are on the right side but attempt to take a left turn. Cases are also booked when slow moving vehicles are on the right side of the road and the fast moving ones are o n the left side.

"Zigzag driving is a violation of lane discipline. Most of the violators are youths, but some elders also do it as they want to squeeze through gaps," Dayananda said.

But motorists also have a grouse. They wonder where are the lane markings to be disciplined?

Police have booked 2,42,805 cases of lane indiscipline across the city. In Chikkajala 20,467 cases, Devanahalli 18,165 cases and Electronic City 15,535 cases have been booked.
    5 people like this.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    What if penalty was shot up 10 times. what would go wrong possibly and why they are not doing it?
    1 person likes this.
  6. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    So many times this! As long as no police accepts a challan-less lower amount.

The sadist side of me just wants to see those two wheelers not wearing helmets and/or speeding on roads like bannerghatta road or kanakapura road (or any road with a unexpected pothole or dug up mess with no reflectors at night) meet their fate sooner. They're all in it for their Darwin awards anyway.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well I am also a poor 'Mango man.'
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    3 people like this.
  9. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Yes it helps. In Hyderabad jumping the stop line at red signal fine has been increased to Rs. 1000. There was some hue and cry on the increase. On the positive side, I have seen people stopping behind the line.

Also Traffic cops have been armed with digital cameras. They don't talk to the driver, but just take picture of vehicle overshooting the line :evilsmile and I am sure a challan is issued later on . How smart!!

Also having cameras with traffic lights has helped the cause. Yesterday, an individual posted in newspaper for mercy, he was issued 3 challans in a month!!! for 3 different violations.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Me too Rajan,I have made lot friends here I am thankful to TFI for that.I don't think my posts or threads are adding any value to any one or 1500+ likes in my profile is meant some thing to people who manage this forum.
    2 people like this.