1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Jayadev. I could not have summarized it better.

Rajan
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was refraining and refraining and refraining from posting here. But finally I give up :D

Why not do this? Let's take a poll and end this debate forever. Let the members set rules for themselves.

Let me know if you want me to do this.

Off topic: Clarifying my stand here. I am neither for nor against posting high speed pics, videos etc. At the end of the day it is the person who is watching / reading the stuff who has to take the call. I can N-E-V-E-R drive fast nor speed even if I watch a zillion videos or speedo pics. That said : somewhere i also feel that it is the forum's responsibility to not promote something that, on more occasions than not, IS UNSAFE. But then I also wonder if Google does not care about showing high speed videos on YouTube why the heck should a small forum care?

Confusing world this is !!
    7 people like this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    My Take:

A parent knows that they cant control their kids future or how kids wishes to do what not and behave or shape up his/her future. But does the parents stop from teaching their kids what not to do and what to do from birth?

So same here, TFI being a nurturing platform for most of us and for the real enthu who are entering to the world of cars (i was the same once) would love to learn and do stuffs. So i do not see any harm in blocking off all such provocative stuffs like high speed image postings and showing off i did this speed, etc. If they want, they can get it off from other sources of internet. TFI as a nurturing platform does not wishes to provoke its family in harming their precious life or others or similar important damage to the society. Period.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I would say lets do it. As a matter of fact I would say lets open a section "Illegal stuff", post a disclaimer that whoever posts here knows what he/she is doing, and then allow everyone to post their dark sides there. Absolves the forum of any responsibility for the members' misdemeanour's. If one is responsible enough to not break the rules, one will not, no matter what. Wonder how many will have the gall to actually post there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,

Can we back off a bit here? This "Off Topic" thing is going wayyy off topic.

Quoting the following from our rules (which anyway nobody is keen on following but still....)

As I have said in my earlier post : we will have a poll to take the decision. It might not be the best way out but all these fights / arguments are not bringing out any Newtonian discoveries either.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Difference between a Human being and animals is ,Animals lives on what is provided by nature. If Nature does not provide food it just dies.
    Human beings learnt to manipulate,test the limits by risking life for its own kind and for future generation.

I am not advocating to risk our life but it is human instinct.But to suppress is to lower ourselves to animals.

Let me put the optimistic side of it.

No matter if high speed stunts are shown or not in TFi,people will do it.

But if some body does upload for a showoff ,it gives us a chance to debate and advice the better and worst side of it which may in turn help others.

I will also add my own experience somewhat related .

I stopped doing high speeds seeing some accident pictures in another forum which was considered very disturbing and unsuitable for some other people (presumably youngster ) and was removed promptly.
    I have heard accident damaged vehicle being displayed by police around the city to bring awareness in public, Ironically I have seen mass negative reaction for the same in Facebook considering morality and ethics.
    6 people like this.
  7. I have done many high speed runs. Very few I have posted it here and many I forgot then and there. I didn't do that because somebody did that in TFI or in someother forum. Also I didn't do it to Post it here to start a trend or to prove I belong to that trend. As Jayadev said it is human instinct to test the limits. In my santro even before I knew Auto Forums exists, I have tried 140KMPH. If posting the illegal speed runs should be moderated, then posting pictures of our cars in different angles like Parking the car in the middle of the road, or shooting the pic from the middle of the road or pull over the car for a picture or whatever will also encourage others to try those angles. Bringing up these kinda rules IMHO is like the Sunfilm Ban by the SC.

A joke comes to my mind while writing this. Indian prime minister in his trip to USA had a discussion with USA President. Indian PM was boasting about India's progress and development. Listening to all those, USA president asked Indian PM, whatever, still in your country Pizzas Reach home faster than the Ambulance and you are talking about development. Confused indian PM reaches india. Next day newspaper headlines read "Pizzas shouldn't reach the homes before 1 Hr from the time of ordering : SC".

I am not recommending high-speed driving here. I haven't done 175KMPH in my punto on a busy road. I did that on a open road which didn't have a life for 3 - 5 KMS. I wouldn't have missed anything if I hadn't done it. it was like, i got a chance I did that. Anyways I too have stopped driving at 150 160 and touching 170 on our highways, after an incident that disturbed me very badly. Though I was safe, I could have altered the life of the other guy very badly who was racing my car. That day, I sensed I should slow down, but the other guy behind my car in his swift, tried to use this chance to go past me and had a very narrow escape. From there on I didn't exceed 130 and gave way for speed runners.
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Picture added...
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @mod plz place it at respective thread, if needed.

Shot taken @Kashyap Motors, NOIDA PHASE 2.

Sent from my RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

WP_20131226_003.jpg

WP_20131226_005.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Misty has a new mate.

unnamed.jpg
    5 people like this.