1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Appreciate the response, Paddleshifter.

I feel like quoting another forum here. They have strict and transparent rules for every member.

No high peed pics or discussions. But here on TFI, it is just few high speed pics, while high speed discussions and other indirect methods of saying, "I did high speeds" are not moderated. (Average speeds, etc.)

Just for example, I had posted on a route query thread something about the route and that I did the last xxxxx kms under 1 hour. Even that single line from my whole post saw moderation and was edited like "I covered that stretch pretty quickly". I appreciate that because, they are really serious about it and enforce it in all possible ways.

Would appreciate if TFI also takes it that seriously. I do understand that mods are also humans and have other works, but when implementing something it better be complete rather than half baked.

My 2 cents. :)
    4 people like this.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Two wrongs never make one right brother. When we say "high speed speedo pics not allowed", we are not saying " Do not exceed speed limits", but we are saying "Do what you want. If it is illegal, we do not want to know about it". Is that the right thing to do?

Exactly. Mods cannot sit and read each post, which is where members reporting posts comes in. But even after reporting if nothing is done, it is a bit disheartening.

Exactly my point. It is not the act of clicking the picture we are concerned about. It is the speed we are concerned about. Would it be OK for me to participate in a Track day, do insane speeds in a controlled environment and post a video? How does that guarantee that it will not inspire someone to try and better that on a public road?

Thanks. Merry Christmas to you too.

Rajan
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
    4 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just for you, Sai. Check out the last three pictures in the below post. :)

A Ferrari Weekend - Team-BHP
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ramesh, that was in Germany I believe.

Not playing devil's advocate here, but am sure they would have their reasons, one of them being those speeds are legal where they were shot, plus the roads and infrastructure over there. :)

Am sure there won't be any such pics from India. :D
  5. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    ^^What a lovely set of pictures!!!

They are total "set as wallpaper" material... Absolutely amazing... Superb location and So is the T-jet' cousin in the red skin... Oh my my...
    Drop dead Gorgeous she is.

Cheers... :up

Neel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    I am not sure why we are considering other forum's set of rules as standard which we have to apply here.

Does they in-turn will follow this forum rules in their forum ?? No right ??

Law applies to everyone who ever break the rules , weather it's done by 1 yr kid or 100 yr old man.

Mod team should come out with set of rules for posting illegal mods on cars such as high speed posts pics , Headlight upgrades ... Where ever it's applicable.

One more point I would like to mention here , does this forum allows advertising ?? I could see a car dealer posting a new godown ( a review by close friend who owns a Chevy ) like showroom pics in one of the thread and boasting about spares available in cafe

What I felt is since the service center n showroom are situated miles apart he has to do that. I don't see this situation arises for car dealer who has showroom n service center together. Basically dealer is doing it for business right ??

I don't see any body else doing these advertising activities. When ever a negative feedback comes on service issues one has to quote that post and see the resolution is provided or not. Why this biased reply for negative service feedbacks.

Hence request at mods let's define set of rules which applies to all.

Feel free to delete this post if it's not adhered forum rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

@punto-ed: Nobody asked to follow or preach other forums.

Just an example. The final ultimate decision and norms are going to be decided by the folks who run TFI.

I was just giving a suggestion, I see no reason why you should see it that way.
  8. punto-ed

punto-ed

bangalore
    Since we are fishing out the ex of other forums , it was thought came to mind.

As we can't make the rules what America and Pakistan has in India.

India needs to have its own set of rules and regulations based on their country needs which will be followed by the citizens of the country, hence I also suggested to have own set of rules for the folks who run TFI.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I am not interested to drag this topic but this is my last post.

Why not give example of other forums? What kind of attitude is this? In what way is implementing a similar norm in TFI a bad idea? Or is it the mentality which says, I don't want to be like you, I would be myself. Though we are just trying to replicate a good thing for a good cause.

And I just gave a suggestion, why take it so serious? This is the reason why I didn't take any names of forums too.

Apologies punto-ed if you took offense. :)

Let the mod team decide if I went overboard and do the needful.

Cheers!
    1 person likes this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    No guns kills a man, it is man who kills a man. Neither showing a gun provokes insanity

Let us talk mature,High speedo is acceptable,If we have mature audience. Auto-Enthusiam cannot be limited at how to save money on maintenance and sticker jobs.

Reason TFI is my last and best forum where I still logon after 3 years is,I found it mature and sensible than any other,though quantity is less but quality is high.

Peace.
    8 people like this.