1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

A little bit Off Topic - I have a 'new' guy in my garage now. A Red 2007 Electra 5S, which is yet to do 7K km. yesterday I saw the odometer doing 6666.6 km. Will post pics soon. This is my first 'hopefully longtime' tryst with a 'modern' Enfield. I am a died in the wool old school guy when it comes to bullets, and my only tryst with a aluminium engine before this was taking care of a beautifully modded red TB of my friend for couple of months.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Hey Anoop congrats buddy. So finally you got it ::T. Awaiting pics.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Congrats Anoop. Didn't the 07 Electras have the older CI engine?
  4. One more addition to the bullet club
    I was waiting for the thunderbirde ucb but after i saw the cafe rider my plans changed :p
    Hoping to get one soon :)
  5. anoop

anoop Superiore

Yeah man, got him at last. Now the tough job starts again - need to convince LOH for the Impulse ;)

Paaji, My bad. The bike is actually 09-2008 model and have the CI engine with TCI ignition. Not sure how I had the wrong picture in my mind - I always thought this bike had one of the first models of aluminium engine. My bad :D

He he he - I was and still is a member of bullet club - always used to have one or two bullets along with me. The Cafe racer looks nice - but do you think it will be really practical for day to day use?
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Cafe racer, by any chance this is a renamed Fury ?:confused:
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That's really low mileage. It has hardly broken in right now.

Which oil do you intend to use? I swear by Motul now. Earlier i'd used Motul 5100 15w50 semi synth. Killer oil no doubts. From the next oil change i plan to stick to Motul 7100 20w50 Full synth. These oils may seem like an overkill but i intend to keep my Bullet healthy and on the original bore+piston for a long, long time. The ODO is at 34,xxx km's today. And i'm hoping there will be no ring changes till 1,25- 1,50,000km's.

Cheers.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@gurjinder: thanks for the info, Paaji. As of now, did not think much about any of those aspects - I will surely try the Motul. What is the damage on your pocket for semi synth and full synth? This bull practically have not done any miles, so plan to use him as my main bike for time being. Sad thing is that, my other bull is sitting gathering dust. Need to manage a plan to keep all the bikes in rotation :(

This bike have got the classic rim and tyres, and a gold star exhaust and low slung (TB like) seat. Now, I need to make him pile on some serious miles.

OT: You will call me crazy, but you know what - now I have three bikes and one car in my garage and another bike and a car which I am taking care for my two friends, but I walk down the 2.5 kms to office every day and crib that my bikes are not running enough miles.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Tightly packed Alto!

alto.jpg