1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. aruncep

aruncep Amatore

I do have respect for Nation Permit lorry drivers and hate those tipper drivers. NP Lorry drivers have lots of patience when they drive on the road and I have seen those. I have witnessed in many instances where NP Lorry drivers give way to avoid an accident mainly in 2 lane roads. Even police, govts are not able to control Tipper Lorry drivers.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

I beg to differ with that!

Truck drivers are one of the most well behaved souls on the highways! i am talking about the bigger trucks excluding the small lorries. buses and small lorries are the ones who misbehave.
    i think anyone who drives frequently on highways would agree to that.
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    7 people like this.
  3. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Its nice hearing other side of the story that is why i posted it

In Mumbai - Pune expressway i saw this incident :

A truck is cruising in right lane. A car was coming in the right lane with with his lights flashing and honking. I was travelling in the middle lane and i slowed down the speed seeing his urgency to give him the space to overtake truck but he is honking for the truck to shift the lane instead of cutting to middle lane and overtake the truck.
    Still trucks involving in accidents are rare compared to car accidents (i don’t know exactly its just a speculation from accident news in newspapers).
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    I don't know about the latest trucks from Volvo or Mahindra or Benz with sophisticated equipments on board to guide the driver with all the parameters to drive his vehicle as safe and fast but i like to salute all the drivers who are still driving the age old trucks on highways with such tons of load on them only a driver knows how difficult it is to balance and drive a fully loaded truck with out toppling changing lanes is another big task, we just have to let them move on there own pace and keep moving by making way, from my experience 99.9% of them oblige and try to give way but patience plays.. :rolleyes:
    1 person likes this.
  5. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Agree, sorry I meant lorry drivers!!!
    I have full respect for loaded lorries or trucks, but the ones with no load are pathetic!!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    The long distance truckers are the most well behaved, who signal correctly and respond to your honk or signals. The nuisance ones are the sand lorries, the local trucks ferrying vegetables/other goods. The biggest pain is the TATA Ace on the highway.
    5 people like this.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

No kidding. Doing 80kmph and stuck in the "fast" lane. If you overtake them ,they will take it as a personal insult :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    That's probably because they have more road experience than any other in the tribe.
    2 people like this.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

10.5k for getting the sump/engine guard installed by VW on a Polo.

Am happy to own a non-premium(as perceived by few) FIAT.

Source:T BHP
    1 person likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

^^ that too is made of plastic i have heard.

what is item no 6 'ink pen ' with quantity 0.3 :)