1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Kdar,
    for the detailed info,but what i found from the dealer is that the Automatic comes only in Asta model or only in top ends,the sad part is that there is no ABS and Airbags,that really sucks.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ganges wait for few more days and Hyundai will launch Grand i10 Diesel in Automatic transmission.
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I would suggest Micra CVT than Grand i10 auto petrol because you dont want a diesel auto hatch & Micra CVT has better efficiency than Hyundai's auto transmission.It gives efficiency which a manual transmission car gives.And since Micra is not selling well you could negotiate more & get more discounts whereas Grand i10 has no discounts & i think waiting periods are also ther on Grand i10.Am i right guys?
    2 people like this.
  4. Micra CVT is really Good. My Father bought it recently selling his Alto. The Fuel Efficiency is good and the drive is better compared to the i10 Auto, sorry I am not able to be very specific but Micra is way better than the i10. Also the 'On The Fly' sports mode which can be activated by pushing a button that is present in the gear lever is very helpful during overtaking. Overall a very good Automatic car.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Nadeem Srida,

Srida,
    how is the ASS for Nissan? and serivicing cost,spare parts cost ?
    i would love to hear more from you on nissan drive and their engine performance.how is the highway drive ?
    does the CVT comes with 15" Alloy wheels ?
    Which color you are having ?
    Your suggestions will be appreciated :)
  6. ASS - I have no idea buddy. My father is in Coimbatore and he has not yet given the car for 1st Service. I really don't rely on my dad's feedback for Service Centers because his expectations are very low which even TATA can meet.

CVT Engine Performance is really good. For first few times I found it to be very sluggish but then I realized it is because I am used to MT. After 2 or 3 days of driving the Car, I really felt the car to be peppy and the Sports mode was handy to boost incase you need. Highway performance is between OK and Good. This car is mainly for city drive. My Dad who has done heart surgeries felt MT very hard off-late, but he couldn't give up Driving. So I suggested him AT for which he was not ready since he knew they are not for highways. But he is really happy with the highway performance of CVT. He is not a sedate driver, and for him 100 120 speed in Micra was actually comfortable. Coming to my opinion this car is not for highways unless the drive is going to be a A-B, you will not enjoy the drive. Spoiled by FIAT's handling any car will feel bad in handling for me.

Average my Dad got from Coimbatore - Chennai - Coimbatore was somewhere between 17-18 KMPL. Color of the car is Red.
    Pros : It has got Steering Controls, Blue tooth, ACC, ABS, Airbag, it is really spacious infact I felt rear more spacious than my punto, Super Light Steering, Braking was good, on the fly Sports Mode. In i20, i10 and RITZ while driving the gear changing can be felt but that is not at all felt in Micra which I liked but i20 and Ritz AT felt more solid than Micra CVT.

Cons : Super Light Steering, Soft and Thin Seats, If sports mode is not used to boost then the drive is really boring, no dead pedal, handling is average, ride is harsher than my Santro on bad roads but on highways the ride was settled meaning no boat like feel, not a tank like build.

This is the first time I am suggesting a car other than FIAT. If the car is for an enthusiast or a beginner, I would say no. if the car is for Ladies or old people, then this is the one to go for. And please excuse my bad reviewing style.
    2 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Srida, in other AT cars, gear changing is felt because the gears actually change, but in the case of Micra, it's a CVT, continuously variable transmission, and hence you do not feel the gears. Similar to say a scooterette which has a CVT transmission.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Srida for your review,that is pretty much helpfull.Well i20 is not in league due to its pricing and Ritz for the design itselves.
    Coming to the selection of the car in AT,till now its Nissan Micra CVT on top of all,will wait n see for Grande i10 diesel AT as Kdar mentioned.
    So, now waiting game started.The Car owner will be one of my relative from Hyderabad and yes as per enquiry 7,80,000 on road price in hyd.

Same here too ::V
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. 1 person likes this.
  10. ^^^ Correction : I don't think Grand i10 D AT is going to be lanched...
    1 person likes this.