1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    There are rumours that Hyundai may launch Grand i10 Diesel with AT. That would be the best option amongst the current AT hactbacks.
    If the pockets are deep enough Polo GT TSI any day.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Anna,
    Definitely not Polo due to the cost.i20 is also too much costly.in AT segment Micra is at less priced.
    If AT in diesel, definitely big hole. :D .

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Since the car is not selling well, you could negotiate for good discounts too.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yeah,will give a shot this weekend and test drive as well.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    If this is true, then FIAT is like a father who doesn't care about his own kids and brings gifts for neighbors kids on festive occasions :D

*Fingers crossed* , I don't want 1.6MJD to be plonked In SX4 crossover. SX4 was good by design but the SX4 crossover looks really ugly. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Everything is good about Micra, the steering is kind of lite and the ride quality is good too. Only downside on previous generation of Micra was brakes. The brakes are completely hopeless !!

Heard the new version comes with ABS, check it out.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    A father who donates the kids themselves! :D
    1 person likes this.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't think Fiat is not a dumb to import 1.6 for maruthi and keep quiet,there should be some profit for fiat, maruthi should have acquired the knowledge about new linea with importing the 1.6 . As we know maruthi car sells well if its bulk imports then less cost for fiat too if brought here along it. lets look in this way towards fiat future benefits:)
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    IMHO, FIAT is doing the right thing. No matter how well built their cars are and no matter how much of a pleasure their cars are to drive, they are not exactly setting the sales charts on fire. Given the current sales volumes and the enthusiasm that their cars are being received with, they would be foolish to bring the 1.6 in their own cars. So it makes better business sense to sell those engines to a car maker who has a greater than 50% market share.

End of the day, FIAT cannot survive just with the fan following of a few enthusiasts and they do not seem to have the ability to reach the average car buyer. Selling engines to a major car manufacturer would mean being able to stay afloat and being able to continue making good cars without focusing on mass appeal. This is actually a good thing for the enthusiast, who wants to buy FIAT cars.

MyTwoCents.gif

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Well this is more like habit becoming reflex. There is nothing wrong with it. Add me too to the list of idiots. Better safe always than sorry :) Besides the seatbelt click sounds nice !
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013