1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Must be a 2009 model. The BSIII ones are pretty quick than the newer ones. The 88PS stock ones could hit the ton in 13.xx sec. So, minus 4 seconds to the ton could be possible!
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

I drive the same as well,and i have driven vehicles that do 0-100 in 9.XX,but this is too far fetched for a 1.3 MJD.
    11 seconds is a possibility easily but 9 isnt,even the best of remaps on Punto 90 HP/Linea are known for late 11'ish seconds.
    2 people like this.
  3. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

There is a road behind bannerghatta.. actually a lake beaide which there is a 3 kms long strech with no one around.. some one interested we can meet up and try.. i had few wheel spins too.. maybe few feet long.. :D

I know seems inpossible but those 125 go somewhere XD heehehe

And short gearings, though the clutch takes nice beatings..
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    I was such an ignoramus about Teambhp haters till I read posts here, I have been saved the same way by Teamfiat. I have therefore such strong wish that this forum flourishes more than any rest out there. That is besides the affection, respect and compassion for Fiat cars and fellow users as well. I dont care why those haters show such contempt towards this brand especially since the advent of such nice looking and advanced Punto and Linea.
    How can they ignore the huge number of MJD equivalent engines that other brands have embraced, esp. Maruti. Shame on them!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Same thing happened with me too mate..i tried to register 3 times but all the 3 times they rejected me,reason same owning a Fiat,affection,respect,passion for Fiat & they rejected my membership.True words said by you on Fiat for idiot Team bhp guys mate.
    1 person likes this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Exaggeration and fanboyism could be misleading;doesn't look good in a public forum,probably why they do not encourage too many of fiat fans there.
    Especially when some thick skinned member publicly yells in upper case letter that "All of the cars except his tank ,is junk"
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Irrespective of the brand FIAT, team bhp moderators are very choosy !! I owned a Hyundai santro when I tried enrolling on team bhp, seemed to me like they expect one to be an auto journalist to write impressive lines on the forum. (My assumption, as its a mystery and no one knows why the moderators reject the memberships of people based on a few questions).

Moderation after posting or being part of the forum makes sense, but before being part of the forum doesn't make sense to me. That's like judging a book by its cover, no ?

P.S if you get to know on what basis the moderators reject one's membership on team-bhp, please do let me know. My life's biggest mystery shall be solved and I would be obliged to you for a lifetime for your help sir.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk
    3 people like this.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    LOL at T-BHP, Initially I thought its because I mentioned Fiat in my application. Then tried with something else too. Gave up after 4-5 attempts. Its a mystery that why they reject. Or I would say simply arrogance. What they mean when they tell " we are serious about your response" is really baffling. Or they just search some key words in application and if they don't find it then reject. Anyway, this forum serves more than the purpose and I get my questions answered in convincing way.
    2 people like this.
  9. linuxmanju

Very well put jayadev, can't agree more on this.

I specified fiat abarth as my dream car and I specified fiat Punto as my current car. I was not rejected , this exaggeration of specifying fiat calls for a rejection is false.

Many knowledgeable fiatians are member of tbhp. As a matter of fact fiat Punto and linea are regarded very well in that respect there. It only turns ugly when someone claims something untrue about a car.
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hmmm. It is a fact that European cars are better built and Fiats are no exception. And it is a fact that Japanese cars are more reliable (not the ones with borrowed engines).

While you cut some slack for Fiat fans/fanboys for telling that their car is built like a tank, after experiencing some incident, you need to cut some for the guys who go over the forum saying, Fiat cars are gas guzzlers, Fiats are slow, a Verito can beat a Linea and all that stuff.

There are a equal number of Fiat fanboys and Fiat bashers on most other forums.

Another fact is most Fiat fans are converted fans after owning other brands of cars, while most Fiat bashers have never touched a Fiat in their life!
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
    3 people like this.