1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Maruti Suzuki plant is on strike since 8 days, now the waiting period for deziere will be 1 year.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think except for ritz and perhaps alto too, all other maruti cars have a "Standard" 6 months waiting period. This is sure to get worse with the strike going on. News says the estimated loss now is about 3000 crores!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  3. anoop

anoop Superiore

It is interesting to see that most of the mainstream media do not report the strike properly. Can you imagine this kind of blackout if the strike was in some other plants?
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Might be MS must have told media not to make news of the strike and would have given them free goodies as they do when they give the cars for testing its a routine for them,
    But i smell the things are over for MS.....
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Today, a friend of mine, a WagonR owner, tells me that "difficulty to engage 1st and 2nd gear" is a known issue in Wagon R and Alto. People live with it. I saw my friend strugling to engage 1st gear from reverse. He said the work around is to engage some other gear and then mmove to 1st. Wierd.
    Think of a scenario in which FIAT has such an issue! The Internet will be hung with emails and blog discussions on how bad FIAT gear box is!
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    LOL. Wagon R gearbox was a real disaster. The gearshifts were totally vague and rubbery.

However the new WagonR has far better shifts. Although there is no feel , but the shift action is simple and easy.
  7. sashank82

sashank82

Gurgaon
    And you forgot to metion - Wagon R drives like a 'stool on wheels'....!
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Will they be replacing the air filters during pit stops during Indian F1 because of dusty Indian conditions? :p
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    There is a big gap between celebrities and ordinary person.

When celebrities do something everybody is interested.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has finally removed Palio from its website. I think, they will not manufacture Palio in India going forward.