1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This article somehow touched a raw nerve in me. Never realized that an article about cars can make me emotional. And here we were shouting from the rooftops about sunfilms being disallowed. I am ashamed.

WhyUs.JPG

The God’s own country – a piece of cushy land, lined with beautiful golden beaches on one side, tasty spices in between and chilly mountains – all crammed into the shape of a thin tapioca. Until recently, no body made a straight road here. Thus begins the narration... read here

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think this refers to the new transport commissioner who is bent on changing the face of motor vehicles dept, one of the most corrupt govt depts. in Kerala and anywhere else. Unfortunately, when the order reaches the lower ranks, it's totally misinterpreted and abused.

Roads: They are a mess in Kerala these days. There are exceptions though. Nobody cares for them. Kerala had a chief minister who asked why should you have a garden in between roads, referring to the five meter divider that NHAI recommended during road widening.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Attention all Bangalore TFIans:

From Bangalore Traffic Police FB page

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Today morning there was unusually heavy traffic on Outer Ring road, between Kalyan nagar and Tin Factory. took two hours to reach office today where it usually takes 45 mins to 1 Hr.

Coudn't spot any reason for the unusual traffic! makes me worried if it is going to become an everyday affair pretty soon :(

Do we have any means of knowing about realtime traffic density on the roads?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I understand that the "Traffic Overlay" in Google maps is pretty accurate, as it uses the location service of the various Android devices in the given stretch. Give that a go and do tell us how accurate it is :)

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    I think that was because around 400 people together went to ex MLA Nadish reddy's house to seek support for an un just demand by a builder. Should be fine from tomorrow.

Be careful on Thursday , as there will be one more meeting scheduled again with the people.

Sent from my Wammy Passion Z using Tapatalk 4
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ his house is in which area?
    If this was the reason, wonder what police was doing to have allowed this in peak traffic hours!!
  8. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    Today was an exception. Actually a fully loaded Sand lorry had fallen into the ditch just at the beginning of the Hanging Bridge, thereby blocking almost half of whatever road that remains.

I was at the base of Tin factory flyover at 7.10 am. It took an agonizing 40 min to cross this stretch of ~1km. Could see just 1 crane trying desperately to remove that truck.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    oh, so this was the reason.
    however, I crossed tin factory at 11 AM. couldn't spot the lorry as it might have been moved from there by then but it had left its long lasting impact on the traffic till kalyan nagar which is a good 5 kms away from this spot!
  10. linuxmanju

linuxmanju

Bangalore
    House behind total mall. The builder in question is in Horamavu. Basically I got struck in rammuthy Nagar for 45 mins.

Sent from my Wammy Passion Z using Tapatalk 4