1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Same goes for multiair I guess..emission norms..Ahem! Is it for true?
    Why do I ask??
    In kolkata most of the buses are over 2 decades old same goes for the iconic amby plying as the sole passnger commuters, so norms no way..but who should look into all the pollution norms? The rto or other govt body(if it exists)?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. Btw i was wondering what do what segment does our iconic ambassador fall in? A sedan??

3. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Mundane Dezire, agreed! But, 'mundane' Swift!? It might be humdrum for a person to see a Swift pass by, including me, but it's a lot more than that for the one who's behind the wheel! It's hard for a driving enthusiast to ignore the sportiness & FTD factor of the Swift.

So, I personally don't see the end of Swift by 2015.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Poor Maruti.They were over confident that Fiat's Multijet engine will sell more than their rivals but they are suffering & they are now begging customers to buy their cars which are not picking especially diesel cars.in 2015 market Multijet 2 will have trend against which Maruti's own diesel engine wont be a hit.
  5. Japs are too good with petrol engine tech, but diesel engine?? I am more eager to see what they launch than fiats future launches..well literally..

But honestly the kizashi engine was too good, too bad it couldnt sell(sold a few cars only).
    It would have beaten the cruze, verna fluidic, superb, laura if priced right..

6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    This is not the way to defend yourself.You bought a car which is unsafe on highways especially diesel but you bought a Petrol thats nice coz petrol is safer on highways than diesel & if you had bought a diesel then our TFI members would have bombarded on you like anything.post ownership review & pics of your car soon.let we see how's your brand.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Guys, why are we calling Maruti "poor" or is "begging" for customers with special editions.

We should not forget that the brand that we boast around also does the same and it goes to quite a few other manufacturers aswell.

Was/Is Fiat "begging" for customers with the Sports Edition of 90HP?
    Is Fiat "begging" for customers with the 60k discounts on Puntos and 1 lakh rupees discount on Lineas?

Great going guys!!

A little introspection would always help.

@Nadeem: Sorry for the noob question. But, how does a Swift petrol is more safer on highways than a Swift Diesel? Would you please elaborate?
    3 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Whatever it is, I just hope and pray that FIAT doesn't sell 1.6MJD to Maruti or Tata or any other brand !!!

I don't want any other manufacturer to reap the sales profits for the engine manufactured by FIAT. Call me a sadist, I don't mind :p

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Now they wont supply engines to other manufacturers bcoz they now want to gain market share in our market.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Has anyone test drove Polo 1.6 GT TDI??
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  10. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    That was just a 'humorous' reply by me, for a jovial statement, being said that I wouldn't be forgiven!

I can't get what you're saying there. Could you please elaborate? & yes sure, I will soon post a review. & please, nothing like 'your' brand 'my' brand... no riots!

We all are driving enthusiast, with great passion for FIAT. So, lets just maintain the decorum of TFI! :)
    1 person likes this.