1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I guess you got me wrong there.

Let me rephrase it for you.

I was asking why is Maruti going the Limited edition way for a model that is doing pretty good sales. Usually Limited editions are done for a low selling model.
  2. Oops Even you got me wrong..
    The sales have reduced considerably..YOY sales chart as well the waiting period, the prduction plant which earlier worked two shifts 7 days non stop has forced to reduce shift aswell as weekly offs etc..they dont have any other diesel model to launch for atleast till 2014 2nd quarter, their engineers are developing a diesel engine and till then they have to sell wat they have..

I hope you got it now..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    @DRIV3R,
    Swift is doing pretty good sales but sales have come down by a big margin for Swift bcoz of its elder sibling Dzire & now Hyundai launched Grand i10 which will eat more sales of Swift for sure so Maruti launched a limited edition xdi to compete with Grand i10's pricing.Nowadays buyers are not buying Swift which is even available for delivery on the spot.some years back people used to wait 6-8 months to buy Swift but now they arent interested in Swift & also Dzire.
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. @nadeem ahmed, exactly this is the reason..
    Btw with such a huge lineup of models from almost all segments, they are literally begging or trying to revive the sales..

5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    ya wolverine.
    with such a hug lineup of models from almost all segments,they are begging to revive the sales of Swift bcoz this is also one of their volume products next to Alto & Dzire.
  6. Again read somewhere that they have a huge stock of engines supplied from fiat..and the market trend is predicting by 2015 1st quarter the era of 1.3mjd will end, till a new engine takes its place..And that is why all these marketing gimmicks.And that is the reason why they want their diesel engine to take the place of our now national engine.
    Hope mutijet2 or 1.6mjd has it all and more..

7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Well, wanted a premium hatch measuring 3850mm, nothing more than that! I hope this is the best possible way to defend myself! Haha! :wink:

Yes, definitely! There are hardly very few ownership reviews for petrol hatchbacks.

Don't have much pics with me right now. Will post it by this weekend, as I get back to Pondy! :)
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Rather than the 1.3, I think the era of the mundane Swift and Dezire might end around that time or much sooner.

The 1.3 should keep on going in this segment. Later it might adopt it's Multijet 2 avatar.
  9. Gurjinderji any idea on mutijet2 launch period? Which engine 1.6mjd or mutijet 2 less than 1.5 litres will come to india first? ?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Please don't call me "Ji" :p

I believe the Multijet 2 will come only when the current Multijet fails to meet the emissions norms of India. Till then the current engine will keep on doing duty. FIAT has no incentive to bring the Multijet 2 here for reasons other than emissions. If the BS5 norms are due in 2015, that just might be the year to bring in the Multijet 2.

The 1.6 will definitely come before the 1.3 Multijet 2.