1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

So tomorrow when the 1.6 MJD Linea launches, you would not pay 2 lakhs more than the current Linea cause both have the same features?
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So we also need to be in competition with new UNO ::V .

3. Abhi_abarth

Abhi_abarth Timido

Retro / Classic FIAT
    I had a different experience on it.

Test drove it last Friday and the Hyundai showroom was 'Mody' situated at Bowenpally.

The interiors felt almost like i10 barring the controls and dashboard which looked more premium like that of i20. Wifey was with me and she too agreed on this point. We both are familiar with i10 and i20 as our cousins and friends have it and we use them all the times.

Moving on, I pressed the 'start' switch and the car came into life in a flash. No rattling, no diesel clatter felt inside the cab at all. My knees were hitting the dashboard console (hope I have named it right).

The ride was very smooth and I must tell you the suspension has been improved a lot, no more choppy drives which Hyundai is notorious for. The only disappointment was I never felt that tourbo kick through out the journey. I even asked the SA as when will it kick in but that poor guy doesn't even know what tourbo is. Braking is good too.

My overall opinion on this car is that it suits well for city driving and first time car owners who have a small family. But, if you are driving enthusiast and need a fun to drive car I would suggest to run away from it. These are just my thoughts, of course others might have different opinion :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks for pulling my leg Kiran by Linea 1.6 ;).

I10 Grand- I20 Scenario:-
    First, I10 or I20 are not drivers Car. So if I look from normal Car driver, I10 Grand has almost all what I20 has. In city driving you will hardly cross 80 (80 for full empty city road), I10 will do the same job as I20 does. In Highway, Do you dare to drive more than 120 in Verna, forget I20. So here I10 also do the same job for normal driver, who drives 80-100 in highways.Here I can see more swaps with normal I10 and I20.But If you ask me (if I don’t like Fiat, or don’t want to buy Fiat), I will go with VW Polo any day with close eye than I20. 

Now Linea to Linea Scenario: - (This is my case only :)).

Mod’s another fire & divide rule (Between MJet & Tjet owners ;)).

1. Linea 1.6 with refresh version will not be less than 13L on road in Hyderabad.
    2. Refreshed Tjet will not be more than 10L (50K more than current, as it has all features).
    3. If Linea refreshed comes with 1.3 Mjet (priced at 11.5L) with all features 1.6 Mjet has.

For City driving:-No major difference for all 3. I will go with Tjet and save this 3 L in FD. I will not sell my Punto then.

For Highway driving too, T Jet with remap if I don’t sell my Punto. I will buy 1.6 Mjet if I sell my Punto.​

Abhi, I also felt the same and felt it is even better than I20.

For Enthusiast driving , will you consider hyundai?
    Ans:- Fiat lovers will buy Punto & others ( those who don't like Fiat) will buy Polo/Fabia. Most Enthusiast don't buy I20 for driving.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i10 can easily go above 100kmph,you may also consider this on highways.Coming to Verna i love the Fluidic design,i haven't driven Verna,but i feel its cruiser.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Those three holes!!

Yuck...A four wheeler cannot be uglier than this.
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Haha ..I guess you haven't seen the all new "Stingray" yet :D

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  8. Somthing that is strange to the FIAT Owners happened to me today. After the lunch I went out of my office building for a smoke. Two guys (their names are XUV and NewSwift) smoking there were discussing about their cars .

New Swift : was telling the XUV that he was confused between Polo, Punto and Swift and he decided on the swift for the resale advantage. Also there was a BNW Punto parked next to his swift. Looking at the BNW Punto The New Swift added, very recently three of his friends bought 3 90 HP puntos on the same day. Now XUV was surprised for 3 booking at the same time and made fun that may be that is the only booking for that dealer in this whole month.
    XUV : Punto is a good looking car and a 90Hp is really great to have in it. Have you seen the Punto 90 HP in our office.
    Swift : No. Is there one.
    XUV : Yes a Red color.
    Swift : Hmm .. I dont remember..
    XUV : You cannot have missed that car, it is nicely modified car with alloy wheels and big tyres.
    Swift : Hmm is it ... let me think
    XUV: come on the Red car with the grill modified to look like Audi, painted black, yellow sticker on ... [my car is the only red punto in Tidel Park to have the Open mouth Black Grill - Audi Style]
    Swift : Yes Yes I remember, I have seen it.
    XUV : That is a super looking Punto. Yes it is a great car man. read the Tbhp reviews the owners would have writtel about their car with so much of love and affection. Only for a Punto / Linea owners write like that
    Swift : yes Yes.....

Such a moment, two guys owning XUV and swift, praising a FIAT car, infront of you, pointing your car as an example without knowing you are the owner of that car. It is Very very Remote...
    7 people like this.
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

At the end, act as a hero talking an dashing entry in climax and say "How about a ride guys?" ;)
    2 people like this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Awesome Srida,really feels great to be ourselves as "Virtual Punto" and hearing the comments.
    1 person likes this.