1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Aren't you glad that it did? You have nowhere else to move this :D

Rajan
  2. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Nice discussion. I'm glad I stuck with an old petrol car instead of a spanking new 90HP :p

FWIW, I always downshift from 5th to 3rd, either at 60 or 80 or 100 on the highway. Because of this :D

3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Don't even get me started. I vividly remember that day.

I was cruising down Banjara Hills Road No 12, where it joins Road No 1, at maybe 40 on a 1965 Bullet (Yeah owned that once, after all I was not born 50 years old), signal green for me to turn right towards Masab Tank, when this brand new Omni, still with temp regn. plates, decided to shoot the red signal and cut across. I hit him on the B pillar, sent the Omni swerving, toppled on its side and skidded for a good 50 meters, while here I was stopped, with both feet planted on the ground, engine still running. Even the lit cigarette hanging from my mouth had not fallen off :D

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    You sound as if I lose or break a part every week :p My car has run 44k in just 2yrs 9 months old (have used it for only 1.5 yrs) and by god's grace nothing is broken as such. I would not drive your car like mine ;) But what would we be proving then?

Ofcourse, is a compliment. I very well know your hands on experience to an extent. I haven't even crossed a lakh kms of total driving experience. And I definitely cannot google. That needs some skill too. Knowing what to look for is one thing and knowing where to look for is another thing. And you know both very well.

Coming to the hot topic.

These comparisions and arguments will go on. Everyone has their own driving style and should be happy that the car is serving its purpose. I would have been bashing Punto if it were not to drive to my expectations. It actual exceeds.

I would say there is an equal contribution of the driver aswell, who without knowing or exploring the car's capabilities complain that its all the car/manufacturer's fault. I believe most of us would have taken a test drive before purchasing their cars. Why din't they find out that their car is sluggish or doesn't accelerate like its competetors. Why choose a Fiat then? If the criteria was something else, then they should live with their decision and be happy that they have got what they were looking for.

Swift is agile, Punto is steady.
    Swift accelerates faster, Punto decelerates much faster.
    Swift scares the hell out of you in highspeeds, Punto wouldn't make you realize you are doing high speeds (unless you look at the speedo)
    Swift makes you THINK you are in a fast car, Punto makes you feel you are in a SAFE car.
    16 people like this.
  6. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    +100. The last 4 lines are Spot on.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    5 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    +100 likes for the last four lines in your post Kiran. Like the old Bullet advt. said - "Let the boys have their toys; In a man's world, it's a man's bike" :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Kiran bhai,
    You spoke the real truth. :clap
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Nothing can better than this comparison ( than 0-100 comparisons ;) ). Superlike.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

The whole forum is on Fire :D
    Coming to this,it is not your mechanic's perfection,the KTM 200 rider is a fool.:)
    KTM 200 does 0-100 in about ~10 seconds,and RE 350,should be around 16-17 at least.