1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Just FYI to all the fiat bashers and maruti praisers, do you think its possible to accelerate a classic 350 faster than a ktm duke 250cc?? In papers no...but the local mechanic does it with perfection, honestly I cant do it.
    But the comparision is apt, you just dont buy a faster vehicle, buy a vehicle which has it all ofcourse there will some drawbacks but if you master it, it wouldnt even bother you..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I do not have hands on experience with that. But when I take it slow in the morning for the temp needle to raise and when I start off in my usual fashion, I did notice difference. I would not dare assume things while replying to you in particular.

Well, I have started the idling rule religiously at starting and before switching off the engine, from last December (past 15k kms), thanks to Vj_v1. I slowly take my car out of my apartment cellar in reverse and without any accelerator, ofcourse this doesnot last more than a minute. But I always take off (I know its not a good practice and I don't propogate it). I some how am not comfortable driving sedately :)

Its not just my experience, but have also read many of our members posting the same that the ECU adapts to the driving style. A person who can drive both sedately and spiritedly would be a better person to comment on the real difference. Anyone??
  3. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Correct, I used this in straight line, not in inclined road where I have to start from 1st. The road I used daily is in straight line, and believe me I don't lug my car ( I think This is what you are mentioning :) ), it is always 1500-1700 within 1 sec from rolling.
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No Sir. I am sure you do not lug your engine. But from your post, I gather that you stop and start in second gear, even in B2B traffic. So just wondering if that can be such a good thing.

Rajan
  5. Well for me it does...I already posted about that long back..
    Many a times I have felt this, when driving to bihar from bangalore intially the first 20kms or till I hit the highway(with 6 passengers Nd boot full loaded) the car was struggling, and I was worried but once on the highway believe me or not the drivability was a piece of cake.basically I am a sedate driver but then it was an awkward situation with the telangana unrest so we had to cross AP before 6am, and which we did.

ECU adapting to driving style and climate is also present in our beloved swift, esteem not sure about alto and wagon R s.
    Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I am quitting and will give my Car to Kiran, Pardon me Kiran, I forgot you when I replied to Swift 0-100 debt with Punto. I am happy to give my Car to Kiran for test, please don't brake any part :), after 3 year 4 months too not a single part loosed or fallen in my car :).
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Is that meant to be a compliment ;)? What do I know brother? I only have access to Google and no hands on experience. So asking :D

Rajan
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Yes I love my Punto on Highway.i.e places where we need not touch gears below 3rd.

But City is where we live,not on Highways..lol.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    I don't stop my car engine in b2b traffic, it is always running. But from standstill I never felt any issue with 2nd gear, but in little inclination ( kotthaguda road) I made my car stall multiple times in first year, but I easily starts my car from 2nd gear here now, no issue. But inclined road like jubilee hills/ banjara hills I need 1st gear to move from standstill.

And believe me my car don't jump start in b2b traffic as I used half-clutch procedure always here.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This thread is progressing faster than Swift's perfect gear ratios.
    2 people like this.