1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

But the people around you starting to cribb about your so called 9L car gets smoked by a 3+L cars, which is then starts to really irritate :D So a smoking irritation is just unavoidable ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

well that sarcarsm was intended towards human nature and not for anyone amongst us :)
    For most of us the grass is always greener on the other side isn't it ;)

Sometimes we crib for the things we don't have and in this process we forget to appreciate what we have :p:p
    2 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Huge lag?

On a perfectly working Linea Multijet, you have usable power by 1800rpm with a gradual pull till almost 4000rpm. If this is "huge lag", then I wonder what real lag would be. Also, if the power delivery in your Linea is not as I described then something is up and might need checking.

Drive a Swift , old or new , to experience true turbo lag. Maruti may have made noises about new swift eliminating lag but there is still no response before ~2200rpm.
    2 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    First impression is best impression. the way swift pulls and shoots in 1st and 2nd gear,marks the benchmark of performance in India(for those mini cars).

My friend swift owner remarked,'even tortoise could be faster than Punto ' I could not defend.
  5. Really? ? If you don't have faith on your car theres no point in defending that..or maybe your friend meant your car and not other puntos..

Theres no end to this debate..guys who think their fiats are slower than a tortoise or a cow please get your car checked in the FASS next door, its highly probable you all got a cow by mistake..Fiat goofed up in delivering again, I would urge you all to go to consumer court in that case..and yes pun intended.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
    2 people like this.
  6. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

You friend is either ignorant or jealous of Punto :)
  7. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    My 2 cents, well not picking up anyone's comment but in general, I believe in following.

Listen to your car, the car will listen to you.

It means I am the best judge of what I am driving and I can make the decision on the feedback that car is giving. It can be elaborated to the shortcomings or the brilliance of any engine, if I know it then I can use it or find a work around or rectify it.
    I know my Punto is not meant for 0-100 drag race, but to make me comfortable when I push it, be it on corner, or overtaking. In the city like Hyd where I driving in peak hours everyday almost 50kms, I would rather have a relaxed and less stressful drive with some nice music. If a Alto or a Beemer or Bullock cart passes me, I know how far they will go, inevitably will be on same page in next signal. I will rather take care of my engine, fuel economy and stupid motorcyclists who are ready to scratch on my Beauty, arguing with them will be futile attempt.

I have seen many Swift/I20 with some fancy stickers or even DZires tries to overtake me in a little stretch even in the city, I don't care and enjoy my time in the car because I know they are simply not worth my competition. If I am tempted too much, I simply took them on the safely in the corners where they have to slow down more than me or in the inclined road where the turbo will put some smoke on their face.

But I rarely do that. As I said, its about communicating with the car and more I do, I can predict her better to get a better response. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Not sure on pick-up front in pre-2012 models but starting with 2012 models, have very good acceleration i believe. if you start from standstill, because of short gearing, it feels slow but starting from 2nd gear, the in-gear acceleration is pretty good. Have tried 20 to 80 kmph runs with my collegues and the acceleration is almost the same, if not better.

One thing where Swift scores is the gearbox which is short throw and very precise and slotting is a delightful experience as compared to Punto.
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

My only question to everyone bashing Punto and Linea about the 0-100 speeds etc and praising the Swift, " Did you guys take a TD of Linea or Punto before buying it ?" If yes, there is absolutely no point in cribbing about the car being lousy or tortoise.

Let's admit, there was something more than 0-60 or 0-100 sprints that impressed us, so we fell for it and bought home a FIAT Linea or a FIAT Punto.

Peace :)

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Well, the huge lag i'm talking about is the lag below 1800 RPM when the lag is not needed. In city, as said by many you just dont fly, instead move at a snails pace. The Linea I have at least and the many I've driven are the same! Absolutely ZERO pulling power below 1800 RPM. I remember a drive in Imran Bhai's 90HP, i felt it was hugely different and I even mentioned that to him. I don't want to have a drag race with anybody out there, but when I pay 11 Lakhs for a car, certainly I can expect it to go beyond 30Kmph in the 1st gear.

True! I only bought Linea because the Driving pleasure! But didn't know that the pleasure would degrade like this :p

Atleast, with a tuning box it moves and can at least reach the redline faster :D
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.