1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Most of the times we see bashing going around rather than any appreciation..I drove with 6 people including me and boot loaded to the brim carrying a tv aswell.had to drive for 200+kms in the worst roads one can ever imagine, and this worst 1st gear and 2nd gear pulled my car through this flawlessly.
    For me I find the first gear perfect in traffic, and yes in kolkata which has the worst road sense and roads this is a boon.whereas in the similar situation driving the swift is very strenuous,right from the first gear the car wants to jump, and the usage of clutch increases due to this..
    And from 2nd gear in punto all the fun starts...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

This is what happens when people call a power squirt/sharp turbo kick/sink in the seat feeling as 'pucca tuned' and powerful, missing out on another aspect called drivability.

Having said that you are bound to complain or whine with either car in question. Swift or Punto. Only that the usage scenarios would be different.
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You hit the nail on the head. Sadly, the average car buyer in India thinks so and the manufacturer who reads the market pulse wins.

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  4. But hardly few people will appreciate what they get..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  5. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    LOL! :D Old is gold strategy! But it ain't working out now..

:highfive: Agreed.. No doubts the mid range is tremendous. But the difference in 2nd gear & 3rd gear is huge. Actually 3rd gear has lesser lag than the 2nd. On the highways, the engine feels strained always because of the shorter 5th gear again. I'm sure, you put a Linea MJD in 5th@60 kmph and floor it, you go just no where! The higher revs on 5th gear but a slower speed as compared is irritating isn't it?

Wiki says "Linea MJD (Europe Version) does 0-100 in 13.8 seconds".
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well said.

but for a layman apparently Japanese cars runs faster and looks gleaming.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    to satisfy people like us, Fiat should come up with a variable gearing!! switch to tall when one wants to race, switch to short when one wants drivability :)
    2 people like this.
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    And I really don't get one thing. How did Fiat manage to have such huge lag on the Linea MJD with short gearing and a VGT? :confused:
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Lol. You do know that ain't gonna happen. You do know that it ain't possible mechanically for a production car. Wonder why the sarcasm?

I am happy with my Punto and don't care if Indicabs or 800 s smoke me due to my poor gear ratios. :) Willing to compromise on these little ego boosts, since they are little of what I expect from my car.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont have any problems with my punto,because i use it on highways only.

Yeah Smoking Kills ::V
    2 people like this.