1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Educated or not,but i have come across a lot of people,who have rejected a Linea just because it comes with a 1248CC engine.
    If not for Steering feedback and Turbo Lag,A normal buyer understands the difference between 1200CC and 1600CC.
    And a Lot of people have rejected a Polo just because it has a 3 cylinder engine,but not any more.
    1 person likes this.
  2. linuxmanju

And do what with 1.6 mjd ?.. Fiat india has already ruined MJD in Punto by detuning it to core. Where other cars with the same engine make a dash to 0-100 around 12 sec . I would be surprised if I see 1.6 mjd doing as good as other 75 HP cars.

I think fiat should relaunch Punto with a more aggressive tuning + good gear box , the chassis and engine both deserve a lot more than what fiat has done so far.

Sent from my Wammy Passion Z using Tapatalk 4
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Yeah right.

FIAT launched 1.9 diesel and 1.6 petrol in the Palio. They sold like hot cakes. So, they have no reason to hold back on bigger more powerful engines now. Gimme a break. It is not as if all 90HP 1.3 MJD owners are going to fall over themselves to exchange their cars for a 1.6 MJD the day it is launched. The true enthusiast in our market is more of an exception, than a norm.

Ever wondered why Subaru never even looked at India? And why the rebadged Forester bombed in our market? Let us face it. Our market cannot and will not look past the Japanese and the Koreans. At least not in the near future.

As far as our market is considered, FIAT is like Galileo. We will first kill them, then we will wax eloquent about how good they were in the history books.

मेरा भारत महान

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  4. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No offence,but have you ever been inside a Polo or a Vento?
    Go take a long drive in each,before putting up useless comments.
    1 person likes this.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I guess you got it wrong Akshay. I suppose Arnab was refering to Fiat sharing engines with Tata and Suzuki, which they will offer with better gear ratios and less weight (thats why most of our guys call tin ka dabba). IMO, all European cars offered in India have more or less same traits. (build, handling, behaviour).
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

May be,but still i wont really call any car a Tin ka Dabba,each and every car has its own USP to cater to different kinds of customers.
    Swift has better performance and after sales,where as for vista it is space,and for Fiats its suspension/handling and Build.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

looks like the only criteria for measuring performance is a dash from zero isn't it..
  8. None taken..but actually you seem a bit stressed out in your comments.btw I was wondering akshay do you know me? Or have we met before???

The answer is NO..how the hell did you come to conclusion that I didnt td polo(didnt td vento), and what I meant had nothing to do with vw.
    If you lack the sense of understanding go through the posts a few times before putting up a comment just for the sake of it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Read my post again,or may be i should have used acceleration,but even in handling department,swift isnt bad.

- - - Merged Post - - -

I agree,i overlooked that part,but none of them are actually tin cans :)
  10. At what speeds? 0-60?
    Get a swift and try to accelrate past me in bumper to bumper traffic, we will see which goes faster...And plzzz not the stats..a cars capability depends on its driver aswell..
    And I mean not to fight these useless and baseless topics, its not that fiat will gift a car to us for this verbal fight..
    Peace ho!!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4