1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Dealer 1:
    A month back I called Volkswagen Chennai (A dealer at Nandanam) to inquire about Vento. Here's the conversation.

Dealer:- Petrol or Diesel?
    Me:- Diesel. I am looking for Vento TDI Highline.
    Dealer:- It will cost 10.98 OTR.
    Me:- How about any discount? Any waiting?
    Dealer:- No discounts. Waiting is 6 months. (He hung the phone immediately).
    They were not kind enough to provide a TD or ask my name or contact number.

Dealer 2:

Walked into Khivraj Motors (Chevy Dealer) to inquire on Magnum TCDI. I was received well and was directly introduced to their Manager. After some conversation he asked about what are the other cars I am looking for. I told Fiat Linea. Since then, he started his pessimistic talk about Fiat and didn't not explain me a single positive of Magnum :).

Dealer 3:

Walked into Express Hyundai (Sholinganallur) with TFI'ian teky. Our main agenda to go there was to get a TD immediately for the Verna CRDI. We got a shocker from the SA that they don't have any TD for the Verna. I have to book the car and wait for 3-4 months for delivery. We said good bye and left the showroom. Again, they wasn't bothered to get our name or contact details.

Why people always complain about Fiat alone?
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    That's how the world works I guess. If somebody is down, kick them even more. It is fashionable to denigrate Fiat without learning the merits and demerits. By talking bad about Fiat, even a moron can claim to be auto savvy.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    No, the point here is with all the customer Friendliness?? the others are selling their cars but not FIAT.. I expressed my view here not to banish FIAT but felt really sorry about their tactics to sell one of the best cars around.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Haha, And what about the Honda Showroom
    Myself & Ramjn - Opened the Honda City's engine bay and where surprised to see the amount of free space
    SA - It's for the better cooling of Engine sir!
    Myself & ramjn think so the Jazz doesn't need engine cooling eh? Thought of asking it, but didn't

Also the Hyundai dealer quoted about first in segment features like "MID, Instantaneous Consumption bla bla bla", I seriously inquired are you sure and he nodded affirmative.

So it's not Fiat guys everyone is bound to be like that, Most of them aren't working there because of the passion towards car which we are. So ignore the sugar coated words and think what you want!
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    guys this sounds sarcastic..!!!

I have seen you all complaining about poor servicing and pathetic approach from tata fiat service centres. 90 percent of TFI'an said it including myself.

And you laugh at very basics of offending customer -dealer relationship or "first impression".

I find such attitude from dealers to be offensive from manufacturer and sales side of view.

He liked everything about Linea and I specifically warned him to be aware of kind of dealers and service centers you have at your locality.
    With a single call he got the picture , it is not his fault.
    what do you expect him to do? go to showroom and beg ?

Everybody may not be so much considerate about how much high it cost or how much it qualify?
    he was considering ,Linea, verna,Manza and vento as well as coming Nissan sunny ( do not like honda).

it was from my suggestion that he settled for fiat punto that too 90hp , dropping linea just by a margin .

I expected the showroom guys would probably lure him to Buy Linea as he is very fond of its looks.

Now I will say God only save fiat .
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  6. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    Reminds me of the Toyota Etios/Liva showcased a few days ago in our office premises. I asked the guy why there is no rubber beading on the doors. His reply was that it was a "safety feature - the beading on the car can more efficiently push out the door when opened". He also attempted a demonstration.

On a side note, I sat inside the Liva and tried my hand on the gear level. I was about to pull it downwards to engage the 1st gear - instinctively - we had those old jeeps with 3 forward gears and the 1st is engaged by pulling down. One can only understand the level of cost cutting by sitting inside.
  7. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    in Honda city there is no safety guard under engine bay when we ask SA about it he simply told us its for better coolling lolz. . . .
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No rubber beading for safety? Why did they have them in Corolla then? :)
  9. redbull

redbull

Bangalore
    If I were Etios salesman, I would say "Toyota is doing constant R&D to bring the most technologically advanced and safe products to the consumer, that is why our latest model has incorporated this safety feature". :twisted:
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    No wonder there are so many complains of water entering etios on some forums