1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Sure bro, I do not have an ownership thread yet. Anyways I will surely post the details on TFI.
  2. venka

venka BANNED

Thank you for the quick reply , please add your DIY on changing head lamps as well. I was waiting for that one from you. Did the moisture from the head lamp gone or still it exists ??
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Any specific reason for taking the bumper off? Am sure you are not saying taking the bumper off was an afternoon well spent. There is more to it. Out with it :D. What did you do?

Rajan
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Surely buddy. I would post one thread tomorrow which would cover Headlamp change, horn change, grille change and probably fog lamp change too under one Bumper removal DIY. :)

As for the headlamps I guess you didn't check the update I posted today. These lamps are OEM for sure and they are NOT leaking. It is just trapped moisture inside which should be driven out. I got a pressure wash done and not even a drop went in the headlamps.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, as you know I was planning to change the grilles. So tried doing it by just unscrewing the top 4 torx screws of the bumper, removing the Fiat logo off the bumper, and pulling the grille out the barbarian method with a wire.

Bottom one came out good, the top one wouldn't come off. I even snapped a wire while trying to remove it. Finally made two loops of the wire and pulled, it came off, managed to snap couple of clips in the process.

Long story short, I was trying to secure the Fiat logo with the small nut and I dropped it in. Tried procuring it but was not available. So planned to take the whole bumper off, in a hope to find the nut. But it was nowhere. So just cleaned the innards of the bumper and have left car as such. Will do the horn change, extra sealing for headlamp though it's not needed and put back the bumper later. Car is grounded for few days anyway. :)
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Happened to see a Grand i10 today. I liked the styling. Rear was cute and smart.
  7. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    OT: Now even the POLO come with 1.6 TDi.. Punto 90 Killer! Ex showroom price is 8.08 Lakhs!

EDIT: The pic here, has 16" alloys with the Pre 2012 suspension kit.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Holy ***, That was a quick one from VW.

Is that supposed to be a variant with all the bells and whistles? If yes, Im not sure how did VW manage to pull out that pricing with a 1.6L heart.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Yes.. Top End! With all the features.. And 105Hp (Maybe better tuned than the Vento)!
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    So the Polo 1.6 GTD is coming finally and seems like one of the folks has already bought it. If it's going to come with the same specs as that of Polo then it's going to quite a hot hatch especially with that slick shift. Good times are on for Indian enthusiasts.