1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

This happens only in India:

Not sure if I should be happy about the proactive update by BTP, or saddened by the pathetic state of our infrastructure.

2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

All these years i had been avoiding test driving a Linea Tjet,as i thought,i would lose interest in my MJD.
    Few days back i thought why not,so,took a TD of a Tjet Emotion with 127kms(H) on odo for about 35-40kms on a Open Highway.
    And to be honest,i was disappointed,may be because my expectations were too high from it.
    My Linea is a 87PS one,and i just love the way she pulls from 100-160 in 5th gear,the Tjet was no different,the performance was almost similar,even if it was faster,it was not noticeable.Pushed her till 165-170,and the power felt similar to my MJD.Though the first two gear ratios were pretty good as compared to my MJD.
    Pretty sure Tjet would be faster than the MJD post 160,but till that speed it didnt feel special.
    May be it felt slow as the engine was pretty new.Will take a TD on same car after she clocks a few thousand kms on its odo.
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Wait for the 1.6 :)

100+ is the natural strong band for the 1248 cc little monster.
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Akshay, even I had similar feelings after a TD of the new Jet. What makes it even worse, atleast for me is that the new Jet is linear in power delivery. Read no prominent turbo kick. And yes, I too went for the TD with over expectations.

But she was smooth and silky. And gearshifts were better. I am a fan of that car anyway.

I refrained from posting this then as I feared I may stir up a hornet's nest. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    :D I know exactly what you guys are talking about. It's like you when finally see the movie that everyone's been raving and hyping about and when the movie ends you're like..

1 person likes this.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

It was totally missing in the car i drove.Like you said,the pull was Linear.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

It has been several days old, 100 kms long. They call this a jam?

Looks like they have never seen this:

2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    These days im feeling more jerks whenever i release the clutch ,so checked with underbody engine foundation ,i can see a small movement with with engine mount,also found small bent to bolt.can anyone enlighten me about the movement ? The mechanic says this is what giving me jerks.
    The mount is exactly in middle ,behind the oil sump.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 6030D using Tapatalk 4

9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

An afternoon well spent. But family disagrees. :D

10. venka

venka BANNED

Can you kindly mention the steps to remove the front bumper , in your owner ship thread . I have plan to do this one day. hence is the request is :)