1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Few roads that i know of in bangalore that have speed limits are (four wheelers):

1. Outer ring road - 60 kmph
    2. Inner ring road - 60 kmph
    3. BIAL/Bellary road - 80 kmph

Are there any other roads where limits are there ?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A working tail lamp is as important as the speed cameras ? :D
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Isn't NICE road has it at 80 Kmph?
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Chennai Police crackdown on illegal number plates.
    number plate.jpg

But, is it legal to attach the flag on the bonnet of the car?
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have seen the hoarding where this is mentioned but never saw any cameras or anyone being pulled up for overspeeding on NICE road. Anyone?
    All the roads i have mentioned have cameras and vehicles are pulled up on these.

Forgot to add:
    4. Hosur road (part between silk board and Ecity) to the list. this also has speed limit of 60 kmph for four wheelers.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

During end of the financial year, In NCR, it is worst.
    It was a pretty nice road and almost empty stretch during noon hrs (adjacent to IGI, towards Dwarka) when i was stopped. You will definitely find a Qualis/Innova with a speed gun on such nice empty roads where you just can't drive below threshold of 60 km/hr. They charge Rs. 400 for every car over 60 km/hr. When asked, they said that they have received instructions for lot of speed challans everyday by their senior authorities if they want to remain employed (May be there is season yet to be discovered when Humans drive insane fast and furious!).

I asked him what was the speed that he caught my car at? He yelled at guy sitting beside speed gun who screamed back... 150... I called one of my Inspector friend in Delhi Police and they let me go. There comes another poor Alto guy at 65 km/hr charged rs. 400. At times, i too had to pay when none of my Cop friends were reachable. A couple of occasions when there were pretty senior officials on duty and my Cop friend told me to better pay it because there is some DCP of bla bla present there. It's part of routine life here, sometimes annoying and hilarious other times.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Enki, just in case you got confused and thought i had used the word 'NICE' for its literal meaning, its the name of a popular road in bangalore. NICE being the short form for Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises Ltd :)!!
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I thought Nice meant --- North Indian Overspeed Challan Enterprise
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When i click on 'Todays Post' button always use to see one Punto thread.The days have changed, now i can see more Tjet's :D threads
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Exactly. I am looking forward to Fiat sales figures this month. Can see lot of new car threads.