1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    No shams. No difference. I observe the following in my Linea at 5 gear.

100 @ 2500
    120 @ 3000
    140 @ 3500
    160 @ 4000
    1 person likes this.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

100 at 2500 RPM
    120 at 3000 RPM
    140 at 3500 RPM
    160 at 4000 RPM
    180 at 4500 RPM
    200 at 5000 RPM(Which the tiny MJD will never achieve)
    All these are for 75 and 90 HP versions
    its the gearing that decides what speeds an engine will do at a particular RPM and GB is similar for both the versions,hence same speed vs RPM
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Any XYZ brand has nothing to do with the simple concept i tried to outline - an engine which is producing more power NEED NOT be less fuel efficient than the corresponding lesser powered version in every situation. In some situations, it can and will be more efficient.

If you believe the above statement is wrong, then I really have nothing more to say.

Cheers.

Not at all. The turbo is the limiting & restricting factor for the 75hp. The 90 is able to breathe better and consequently put out more power and even rev better.
    1 person likes this.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Agree with Gurjinder here. I get better milage in my 1368 CC T-Jet Linea than what is reported by 1368 CC F.I.R.E Linea owners. As a matter of fact, FIAT's website it self claims the following mileage:

1368 CC F.I.R.E - 14.9 kmpl
    1368 CC T-Jet - 15.7 kmpl

1.3 L 75 HP - 20.3 kmpl
    1.3 L 90 HP - 20.5 kmpl

Agreed it is only marginally more, but it is more for a more powerful car, nevertheless.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  5. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Fiatians

Even i have seen these ARAI values & im very much familiar to ARAI testing too

You people have misunderstood my point actually.What i meant is if 90hp is giving more mileage(eventhough marginally)than 75 hp its because of some other factors that is interchanged between the two versions as mentioned in my previous message like tyre rolling resistance or any gear ratio

To make it more understandable for instance every hp produced requires some X fuel to be burned and you cannot expect same X qty of fuel to burn for producing both 75 hp & 90 hp

So to conclude there's some change in parts between 75 & 90hp that's making it fuel efficient & definitely not the engine alone

I can't explain explain better than these friends
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i believe you are looking for this(if yes,please bookmark this page ::D ):-

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/engine-co...-shes-come-out-much-smarter-beauty-now-2.html

1 person likes this.
  7. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Thanks fiatian Ganges

This would make the picture more clear now
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Terrano is a Duster twin like many other renault nissan twins. They have a mutual agreement that whoever uses the other brand's car will price it higher.
    Duster top end prices are 12+ and 15+ lakhs for 85/110 hp variants on road in bangalore! out of this 85 hp variant is termed as sluggish by most.

Hence the below 10 lakh pricing is just a gimmick :)
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yeh. They may price the base entry level variant at Rs. 9,99,999.99 (Ex-Showroom). :D