1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I see too many assumptions based on hearsay than actual facts here. If we are look at things like "turbo failure is inevitable", then I believe we must also say that engine failure is also inevitable. It's a machine after all, which suffers wear and tear.

Let's stay real. :)

Cheers.
  2. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    @Driv3r

I seriously dont understand how do you people say that 90hp is more fuel effecient than 75 hp

Technically it can't be because your BSFC curve plotted against power/torque will make your understand that for a same RPM your 75 hp consumes less fuel compared to 90 hp and from that its understood that 75hp gives more mileage

But still if you think 90hp is more fuel effecient please check on whether Gear ratios/final drive ratio/Tyre configurations are changed

Otherwise its definetly not possible
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Hope you have looked at the VGT Vs FGT angle as well.

Rajan
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    I bought a Lenovo P 780 last weekend, USP of the phone is huge 4000 mAh battery.

It easily lasts for 2 days on a single charge, I tested it myself and with 3G data connection on most of the time it lasted for 2 full days.

Its not a good looking or feature packed Android phone (read Samsung or HTC), but with quad core processor, 1 GB RAM, 5inch display and 8MP camera for Rs.18,600, its definitely worth a deal.

Am happy with the buy coz at least now I can live without the cellphone charger for a day or 2 and use Android Jelly bean :D

Cheers !!!

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using Tapatalk 2
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I have no facts to state that the 75 or the 90 is more fuel efficient.

BUT, it is not a rule written on stone that a lesser powerful engine will ALWAYS be more fuel efficient than a more powerful one. That is just not true for every situation.

A stronger engine will find it easier to provide momentum to the car than a less powerful engine which will have to work harder and consumer more energy in the process. However, if you keep both engines in their sweet spot for a constant period of time, you might find that the lower power is returning more fuel efficiency ( even this is theory). Also, when you put the pedal to the metal, you might find that the stronger is consuming more (naturally).

The Brio with it's 1.2 returns worse fuel efficiency than the City ivtec 1.5 on both city and highway drives. The 1.5 is much more relaxed and the 1.2 has to work rather hard in the Brio.

Just some real world experience.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I guess there alot more factors needs to be considered when saying what capacity is more fuel efficient. Based on your theory, it reminds me of those old days of people having TVS 50 two wheeler. It had 50CC engine and company used to claim of having 75kmpl. But when 2 people sitting on the same bike, the mileage and efficiency of engine goes for a toss. It used to cry like any thing to move ahead thus burning more fuel and emitting bad smoke. Thus reducing its mileage than compared to an 100CC engine having more power.
  7. Gokulk

Gokulk Novizio

CHENNAI
    Please don't compare two different brand models with different configurations for comparison like city & brio even though from same brand honda

There are n no of things that are related to fuel effeciency like Rolling resistance of the vehicle,power to weight ratio,Gear ratio,rolling co-effecient of tyres......etc

What i pointed out is only if its a same product with only engine power change then the Low power engine will consume less fuel & its purely technical
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    in 90 hp engines same in gear speed is achieved at lower rpms compared to 75 hp. how do you explain that? would the engine be spinning at lower rpm and consuming more fuel?
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

And what makes you say that?
    At how many kms do you think it will fail?
    eventually even human life ends as well,and you never know when that can happen.
    So does that stop you from Living?

- - - Merged Post - - -

That is not correct,For exp 100km/hr in 5th gear is at 2500RPM,both in 75 and 90 hp versions.
    2 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    where can i get full data for this? i was expecting some difference atleast at higher speeds! otherwise it kind of defies logic. could it be that rpm meter has a higher upper limit for 90 hp engines? by limit i mean how much the needle can climb
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013