1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes i did.
    It got crumpled like a cola can.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Wasn't it the B-Pillar actually, The C-Pillar was intact wasn't it? The way the roof caved in was just shocking and this car sells 20K units every month.

Embedding the original video. Source - TBHP

1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Check out the "C" pillar at 20 seconds into the video.

Rajan
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seeing that Alto crumpling video reminded me of aluminium foil balls that we used to make during lunch time @ school :evilsmile . The car crumpled just like that.

These kind of crash tests were witnessed in stupid Chinese cars. I guess Maruti Suzuki is no better than them.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Well people want low cost car. And for many of such a car is just a 4 tyred box which takes them from 1 place to other. So if that is the case, such tin crumpling chinese makes are no wonder manufactured from a reputed company like Maruti. At EOD, they want to be top in market :uh
  6. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Is there any such Crash testing video of Tata Nano available?
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I feel sorry for the state of K10. Failed miserably with the crash test and also being compared with Tata Nano. :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Poor quality video but the only one on youtube i think

9. Looks like in Nano is better in terms of crash surviving chance than alto K10.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes it is indeed,the indian version was tested with Airbags,however even in terms of structural integration,it passed the test with flying colors rather than Alto.
    Now only if people look up against the one lakh car image and start purchasing a better product for the city commute.
    2 people like this.