1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

The only few authors I do not like are: Sydney Sheldon, Daniel Steel and to some extent, Robin Cook. I agree that Cook have some excellent books, but I do not find much verity in his books.

I have read couple of Covert-One series, Op-Center series (spun off from Tom Clancy ) but they all relay a lot on machine intelligence than humans. So, I do not enjoy them to the same degree as the originals.

I like Hotel, Airport, Wheel, Detective etc by Arthur Hailey, but I could not enjoy his In High Places.
    Like Wallace and grisham - Though all are court room stories, Grisham some how make sure his books are not repetitive.

Another hit-or-miss author is Stephen King - some of his books are excellent, but some are so bad that I will not even touch them with a ten foot pole. Before I buy any book by King, I doubly make sure that the bok is good- still i have brought some books which are best kept forgotten.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Rant

I seriously don't understand this guys's problem He called the Fiat official mentally retarded earlier and now this, seems like he was seriously harrased by Fiat sometime :D

I'm going to click Thanks button for his useful post - Gandhigiri way!

End of Rant
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yah man seriously he has got some problem with Fiat. Maybe his neighbor owns a FIAT :). " Neighbor's Envy -Owner's Pride" (remember the old Onida AD). I am sure it's just by someone's words that he is telling all this. Not by any of his personal experience.
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Star racing wheels.

Most of you might be knowing Alloy Wheels India. It seems they have come up with their own brand of alloy wheels known as Star Racing Wheels. I dont know much in detail. Just happened to see it in Face Book. Have a look here. The designs seems to be wonderful.
  6. anoop

anoop Superiore

Nice designs. But it seems line only one of them will fit for Punto. Hope they are priced competitively.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I feel fortunate to say one of my colleague bought Fiat punto EM form trichur.

Another colleague from Kottayam , heeding to my suggestion called the showroom a week back to inquire about offers in punto where a lady answered.

"halo ,enna vandiya vendathu, base model 3.5 lakh muthal start aakum. XXXx ne vilicho...click"
    english: "hello ,which vehicle you want ,base model starts from 3.5 lakh . call Mr.XXXX .hang ."
    No manners ,no etiquette's..

He is looking for polo or nissan now.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats good..people who buy car looking at the manners and etiquette of salespersons surely don't deserve Fiats...
  9. It dosent matter how good a car is. If the sales person has good manners buy the car else dont. ROTFL. Wow what a way to shortlist 7+ Lac car.

How about Hindustan Motors appointing good looking , well mannered sales models. Ambassadors would be selling like hot cakes.
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2011
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Could not agree more. I am booking a Punto this week and when I test drove and asked some questions regarding instataneous mileage indicator and Blue & me to the sales person, they told me that features are not available in Punto. Then I have to explain them by showing them in the features. In fact, i placed a call to Fiat Help Line regarding "eco drive" and the guy who took the call could not answer my query and redirected me to the show room guys. Pathetic.