1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Glad to see you here Zen. I have used Cruise Control extensively, overseas, where speed limits are strictly enforced. CC really helps maintaining the speed within the legal limits.

Also, I do not understand what my being a good responsible driver has got to do with CC. Are you confusing CC with NOS?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will consider it seriously and take it up as a business, if it will help me earn more than my day job :D

Rajan
  2. venka

venka BANNED

Mr Zen ,

Take ur car in NH-4 for a long drive (More than 100 or 200 Km in plain well tarmac road with less traffic ) rather than spinning it in cross roads of Blr. You will get to know whats the use of Cruise control. I regularly travel in NH-4 hence i know the pain of keeping one leg on accelerator pedal.
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,

Since all i know CC is for controling speeds who is going over board of limits. So being a responsible good driver, one will consider all these limits and stay with in that range. Hence stated so without needing of the CC. Apologies if my understanding is just half on this topic.

@Venka,
    Hmm... I have been to NICE 2 or 3 times so far. But i did not see the pain of keeping my legs on accelerator than compared to with in city. I am not sure if i understood your point correctly.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    zen driving 20-30kms is nothing compared to driving 200/300/400 in a stretch.
    Try doing that then you will know what patchyboy / venka were thinking of !!
    2 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok sorry guys, now i read fully about CC. Initially had thought that Clutch isnt operated by CC, but CC systems do that. So on larger distances, legs are freed up good. Thanks for your patience and replies folks.

Rajan, i dont know much cars/vendors providing this feature in India. As you said consider it as business and youll make good money. I could be one of your customers :D
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Ah. Now that Zen is here, we will do more number of pages and posts than that are for the CC. :D
    14 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Oh. I think I understand your question now. What you are talking about is speed governor, which prevents the vehicle from exceeding a predetermined speed - the cabs on our roads badly need one.

Cruise control is not meant for that. It is a constant speed regulator - meaning it helps maintain a set speed, without the driver having to use the accelerator constantly. Cruise control can be set to any speed. You can set it to 150 kmph in a 40 kmph zone, if you so choose :D

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Calling me a spammer huh.. Sorry no such intentions.
    :eek: :chair:
    I am done and over. Adios!!

@Rajan,
    Yep read an article about CC in full and understood. Thanks
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh too bad buddy. You just chased away my first prospective customer. Glad I did not resign my job yet :D

Rajan
    5 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    rajan, if zen was to become your first customer, just think about how many and what all questions you would have to answer for him. by the time he is convinced, you might forget how you did the installation. :evilsmile

zen: not to be taken seriously!
    1 person likes this.