1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Would you crash into a wall to experiment at what speed the airbags deploy ? :D

You are genrally well-liked on the forum , which is why people are concerned about your safety :)
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    It's always good to experiment, as long as the outcome is productive, but not with safety. :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ Finally. Thanks.

I hope your other experiments do not involve tests to see if Air bags will deploy :D

Rajan
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    TFI is one of your teachers!! listen to your teachers :)
    2 people like this.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Zen, you can bend, even wearing seat belts. It will restrain only in case of sudden impact or brake.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Many people actually avoid wearing seat belts thinking it does not work as they can bend. How dumb can they be. Many of my friends give me the same reason. Once I gave a demo to my friend in his car of how a seat belt works when car comes to a sudden halt and he started loving the seat belts from that day :)
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That would just be the shoulder part. The main part of the seat belt is the portion that goes around your waist. That is what provides most of the stopping power when the car stops suddenly. It is similar to the seat belts in aircrafts.

Rajan
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan, parantap,
    Call me whatever, but i was for instance did think about how i can test if Airbags gets deployed without much causing impact or damage to car. yes yes i have not read the manual or other document of artificially reproducing that test case.

- - - Merged Post - - -

@Naveen,
    As said i need to get used to it. Its a bit uncomfy at the moment to lean with the seat belts for me. Hence when i travel in that road i do not.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ That should be easy. Locate the air bag sensor and smash it with a hammer.

Not sure if it will work, though. I haven't tried it myself :D

Share the results here for the benefit of the community.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  9. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Zen,

You can do whatever you want in your personal life, after all its your life and you decide how you wanna lead. But in a forum like TFI where we encourage heavily on safety features, safe driving, road consciousness and etc, it doesn't go well to have a post like you said even if you do it in your life. So, everyone will here tell the right things to follow on road, rest up to an individual to follow that. Its just not with the members but many non members are following the forum and I think we should keep it as informative and accurate as possible.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore