1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I hate it when people try to wear helmets / buckle up in a moving vehicle, at the sight of a traffic cop. IMHO, it is even more dangerous than not wearing the safety protection at all. I mean, if the rider / driver should get entangled with the helmet strap / seat belt while trying this stunt, they are almost certain to crash, get hurt, damage their vehicles and also damage a few innocent people around them in the process. Morons.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. pradeepg245

pradeepg245 Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hi all, What should be the AC settings to prevent/remove mist from forming on the outside & inside of front windshield. Mine is a active variant.
  3. Mist Forming outside is mainly because the Windshield Glass is too cold and when hot Air (smoke) from the vehicle in front hits the windshield, or the heat from your car bonnet hits the windshield. All you can do is not get too close behind a Vehicle when it is raining heavily and also put the A/C to least chilling so that the Windshield doesn't get that cooled.. By doing this you can preventing Outside Mist Forming. Those who are wearing a Spectacles will understand what I said if ever you spectacles got misted up when you get out of the Car which had A/C. I think this is called condensation.

For inside Misting simply put ON the Demister. It will remove all the mist in no time.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    May be this is what you are looking for. Even I was not sure...So opened the manual and searched for "mist"
    Untitled.jpg
    5 people like this.
  5. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Man you cracked me up, I do the same. :evilsmile
    2 people like this.
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    The way I remember it is like this - condensation forms on the side which is warmer. If it is outside , you need to increase the temperature inside (Adjust ACC). If it is inside (typically happends in winter with the heater on) then you reduce the temperature inside .
    2 people like this.
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,

hmmm.... :) Well certainly i do not add whole story when i write a post. But any ways, the certain deviations i was referring to my stupid area roads which is very narrow and lot of pot holes here and there. So i hardly reach 20 in them and so is rest of the vechiles. I gave the same explaination to Shams via PM too. Yes a pathetic drunk SUV driver could fly in such roads and bang my car and injure me or whatsoever. But i know my area and that road i travel to just take for a very short spin perhaps 5 mins or less some times and hardly any vechicle comes in there (I prefer that road it to make my judgements proper) . In that road i do not wear seat belts. So hence said people are wise enough to take decision as when not needed. But please note i did not emphasis to any body any where in this forum that not to wear seat belts at all, right? :)

I preach safety as main priority coz i follow it. But for me, when to and when not to (above small example) i take such negligible considerations. I certainly do not consider or be judgemental about calling some body idiot if they wear seat belts all time.

I really appretiate that the care or concern you hav shown in explainaing the importance of seat belts and i really agree with you. Thanks :)

P.S: I too fight with my father every time he sits in passenger seat and disagrees to put on seat belts (we go out), but i refrain from movign the car unless he do so :D
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Zen - You have to understand one point clearly. Wearing a seat belt is not a pain for a driver. It indeed makes the driver connect with the car and makes driving, a pleasure. I don't care how the roads are, who drive on the road. For me, I wear the seat belt even before turning the ignition on.
    3 people like this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    but we tfians want you to wear the seatbelt on that stupid road also! i am sure you would not dissappoint us :)
    4 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sure guys, i am sorry to be lame in making a point of not wearing a seat belts coz i cant lean out of window to make better judgements in that narrow road. But anyways, since TFIians concerns, i shall and try to get used to it :)
    But yes i keep doing some or the other experiments every now and then ;) Part of my learning u see.