1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    If I were to drive like Jason Statham in Transporter . I would put my co-passenger in a strait jacket , blindfold them and tie them to the seat - head to toe with duct tape :D
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
    2 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Jason Statham makes not wearing a seatbelt uncool.

There's a wide gap in how safety is percieved in say India and say USA. There a motorcycle rider is ridiculed if he is riding without proper safety gear. In India we ridicule a motorcycle rider wearing proper gear such as helmet, gloves, boots etc. Not all, but most of us do percieve ridicule while riding in proper gear. Same is with seatbelts. Atleast here in Punjab guys think driving while wearing a seatbelt makes you less of a man. Well, if they judge manliness by that standard - God help them. :D

Safety first guys. We can only enjoy our cars / bikes if we are physically able to drive them!
    4 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I have heard things like this countless number of times when i ask my rear passengers to wear seatbelts whenever i am starting any highway trip. people say that "are you not confident of your driving? is that why you are asking us to wear seatbelts!" and most of the times these are well educated people who themselves have/drive a car!

however i do not budge and tell them that car will not move unless everyone wears seatbelts!!
    2 people like this.
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Unfortunately , the attitude towards seat belts is no better even in Fiat SC's. To the extent that the technicians will actually plug in the belt in the buckle and sit on it (to take care of the buzzer) , but still not wear it.

The last time this happened with me , somebody in the backseat said she would not put on the belt because she wanted to sleep :D. We were going on a long vacation by road and I started driving at 50 km/hr on the highway.

On being questioned I said that the Linea has a safety mechanism through which it senses whether occupants are present in the back seat. If they are , and the rear seat belts are not buckled (which the car senses through some other electronic hyper-ultra-wizardry) , then the speed is electronically limited to 50 km/hr due to safety reasons.

People promptly buckled up :D
    4 people like this.

5. In my last service, the workshop guys put all the rear seat belt locks under the seat. Not even one was out , so I had to move everybody out, put the locks out on the seats and then we started again.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Play this video if they hesitate to wear seat belt. This is not to trouble them but to caution and tell the truth.

3 people like this.
  7. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There is a typical attitude among people. Whenever i ask my co-passenger to wear seat belts, most of times their answer is 'Does police stop if co-passenger does'nt wear seat belt?'.
    This is obvious because these days we are getting awareness to buckle up seat belts, in previous generation cars there was no concept of Seat belts. More people have adjusted their minds
    that seat belt is Rule but not for Safety Purpose.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That sharp tiiiii tiiiii... is annoying at times and may be the actual reason why it is always successful to make me buckle up. If won't let you talk on the phone, hear music... Many times in anger, i thought of dodging it by buckling co-drivers seat belt into it but then found much easier to pull a belt around me instead.

People driving Polo/Fabia etc. also call this feature utterly rubbish and annoying, well guess what, no matter how much it gets abused, it manages to do its job finally. Anyone sitting with me literally prays to me for wearing the seat belt because this tiiiii tiiiii will cause an ear bleeding to him.

Were this buzzer a living creature in some corner of a car which starts making weird sharp noises when you don't buckle up, surely would have been beaten up to c**p and thrown out on the road very first day:irked.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wearing the seat belt has another advantage for me - the sight of my paunch spilling over the belt reminds me everytime to not miss gym. :D
    3 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    On the same line, one of my co-passenger once told me to move on at a signal since there is no Police at the signal.

As if rule of Traffic and Safety is for the Policemen and not us. :A
    2 people like this.