1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Mohan,

Hmm.... We know and agree to you that its way too much, but think about the safety features it adds to you in saving precious lives of you and your family and friends.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I see. It's been a while since i drove that Rapid so i'm rusty on it. But 80kmph surely happened below 2000rpm.

And yes that clutch jerk is annoying. Infact very much so after having experienced the Linea/ Punto. Did you floor it through 2nd and 3rd gear? :devil
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Rajan,
    As stated already i know clearly when to wear and when not to or not needed it (would be a right word). Any ways, i was more specific to ABS + EBD + Dual Air bags safety features here.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    seatbelts are supposed to be worn at all times! theres no excuse good enough here!
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Zen - you can learn. Or you can argue till the cows come home. It is your choice.

1. ABS will not come into play at speeds of 20 - 30 kmph
    2. If you have a frontal collision at those speeds, the air bags will deploy
    3. If that happens and you are not wearing your seat belts - the exploding air bag can break your neck and kill you, or worse still - maim you for life
    4. You wear seatbelts, when you sit in the car, before cranking the engine. There is no when to wear and when not to wear.
    5. Our cars do not have EBD

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    We are stealing Mohans thread guys. Lets stop.

@Shams,
    I have PMed you on this clarifying so as to not continue further in this thread.
  7. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    looks like you mistook EBD for ESP. ABS equipped variants do have EBD
    2 people like this.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Gurjinder and @Sat-Chit-Ananda I have floored it on 3rd gear on Ring Road and I must say the car was zooming past every other vehicle (Linea lacks that punch) but on the flipside, the brakes in Linea were far more confidence inspiring that on Skoda Rapid.

But still, its a nice car when compared to Vento coz Rapid is more driver oriented (steering, suspension etc).

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Yep. My mistake. Thanks for correcting that.

Rajan
  10. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    If and only if my Linea is back in shape.. Imran Bhai you can surely test drive it ! I bet you will love it! :D :p (Race-Chip)