1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Punto 90HP's ECU. Shares with Linea MJD. 7asenaja.jpg

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK. Just for the heck of it, here is something to look at:

topspeed.jpg

Rajan

PS: This was done with parking brakes on, driver side door open and engine turned off :D
    2 people like this.
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Is it some sort of self check?
    how do we activate it in Linea?
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OBDII USB adapter + Multiecuscan :D

I was even able to get the "Glow Plug warning" light on in my T-Jet :evilsmile

On a more serious note, I found some stored errors and cleared all of them. I also did a Proxi alignment, and finally after almost 1 year of ownership, my odo has stopped blinking. Also found a way to disable seat belt warning, but left it enabled ;)

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Rajan, is it possible to enable the low fuel light the same way?

I am talking about the actual light with the fuel pump symbol and not the usual yellow circle.

6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Not sure what light you are talking about. There is no such LED in my dash at least. There is an Fuel Bowser icon, but that does not have a light. Please post a picture of your console, marking which one you are talking about.

Rajan
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

See the icon near the door ajar icon. Am talking about that. My hunch is that it is just not enabled in the Indian version and hence the LED should very much be there. Your thoughts? bezupu2u.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't mark the icon as I am on my phone.

8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Got it. My console is different though and I do not have that icon/led. Just tried selecting Grande Punto 1.3 MJET 16V and the actuator menu options in the Marelli Instrument Panel are different. I have no way of confirming if it actually works, unless I have access to a GP to which I can connect the scanner / software / laptop.

From what I observed with the T-Jet, I was able to test Brake wear warning ( the one to the left of ABS, right below the 'Zero' on the speedo.), Glow Plug and Water in Fuel lights, though none of the functionality actually exists. My guess is that the console is same across variants and those that are actually fitted in the car are active and the others just exist, with no real purpose.

Rajan

My Console, for reference:

T-Jet Console.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

In the Linea,after the yellow low fuel light comes up,there is another warning in the MID with a Beep.
    A punto should have it as well.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is a verbose warning on the MID, which reads "Low Fuel". I guess that would be available.

Rajan