1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    1. It's a thin but tough plastic sort of material, like we put scratch guard on touch screen :) its ok to get it done on mirrors shell but entire car would cost a lot. I had same dilemma but then I dropped the plan, now I take care of my car by parking it in safe place.:D

2. This is rubbery coating that will prevent your underbody from rusting and also has sound deadening quality too. Even I was surprised to know about sound deadening (insulating).

3. Paint sealant is a polymer agent that retains shine on your paint. I felt a difference on my car after the paint sealant was done, though some people say advanced paint sealant treatment for old cars is recommended but for new cars paint sealant is really not required. It's upto an individual to do it or not.

4. PMed you the details.

I maybe wrong but that's all I know about these products :)

So you can choose what's really necessary based on other member's inputs too.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1. The cost to put this film on just the painted part of the ORVM cover is ~ Rs. 1500. The cost of the part unpainted is Rs. 95. You be the judge.
    2. Yes, underbody zinc treatment is done by FIAT. However, it helps to have additional protection
    3. Paint sealant treatment helps in preventing fading due to UV rays as well as from swirl marks

Rajan
  3. Sree3070

Sree3070 Amatore

Chennai
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks guys,
    I am going for underbelly treatment and pain sealant.

Cheers :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Guys today i scraped our punto's underbelly 2nd time..wat shud i do??paint it in white or underbody coat??its just 2 scratches wich r hurting me..
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Nadeem if its just a bit of paint gone on bumpers or underbody, I would suggest you to leave it as it is. Don't go for touch up !!

7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    @Imran Bhai paint is gone on bumpers beneath portion..i dont like to see my Punto like this..it hurts me bcoz its my mistake..
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Nadeem happens man...I had the same feeling when I first bumped my car due to carelessness. It's very difficult to get the same shade and tone of paint when they repaint the car.
    Have seen a few cases of repaint and if you see carefully, you do notice the difference in finish of factory painted portion and repainted portion. That too those cars were dealt by authorized service center guys.

So, I would suggest, refrain from repainting unless the damage is too grave and visible :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Ya Imran Bhai..My dad had got our car's 2 dents corrected and repainted at my uncle's frnd paint shop in hubli..he matched those 2 dents paint with factory paint..its not visible..these service center guys they dont know how to paint and match..
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Checked it & there is visible difference but only if you climb high speeds in 5th Gear. The speed which was achieved earlier @4000rpm, now comes @4200 rpm. 7-8 Km/hr difference to be exact @4200 rpm, makes it around 5%. Same is not noticeable through lower gears or speeds below 100 km/hr. Speed below 100 km/hr would only contribute to an error of 5 km/hr which is difficult to spot unless its digital speedo.

But why you people are feeling so dominated of Innova Tires:evilsmile? I just wanted it to be 205 but only in Good-Year (because they are real mile munchers). Same was available only with 65 sidewall, so i had to opt for it. It was the dealer who called it "Innova waala", and only then i realized that i have raided into MUV categories. Punto wheel size is already biggest among hatchbacks and well among MUV territories. Not my mistake. All it matters that tires look just at home when it comes to aesthetics (not oversized by any means) Or Innova is under-tired if i put it other way. Also there is enough room around in the wheel well.

It's worth giving a try on bad Indian roads (if you are the one who doesn't pay too much attention on speedo & put comfort on top).