1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Dear, I have also attached the tyre calculator that i referred. Pls try it.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Spotted a brand new Verito Vibe on Secunderabad flyover. At first glance it looked ok to me, but when the car approached me from the opposite lane, I was wondering who would have bought this car and that too in some shade of Green :mrgreen: If only looks could kill :oops: I would have been already dead :hit
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I watched new add yesterday on Vibe, it's more idiotic than hilarious. They uttered the word "Sports" at least a million of times and according to their understanding, no car ever carried a "Sports" theme before and Vibe does achieve that finally. Perhaps Mahindra thinks that "Sport" means carrying something playable in your car, like a football, cricket ball, baseball-bat or Ludo.

Similar was the advertising of Bread-Box, Xylo, Sedan killer!! What Xylo and a Sedan have in common?
    That was worst display of human's imagination/creativity ever possible and as expected, it was Mahindra.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I saw one with ribbons, maybe just out of showroom, near ITPL today morning.
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Damn I do that all the time. please teach me how to overcome.
    thanks.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

While braking, just press the brake pedal, have a check on the rpm meter and of course the road, keep braking till the rpm falls to around 1k. Then depress the clutch and downshift. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think you can actually downshift, release the clutch (of course, without acceleration), and then depress clutch again just before the vehicle comes to a complete halt. If you are braking in 5th gear and you know that vehicle will come to a complete halt, then downshift to 4th or 3rd gear depending on the speed, and then apply brake. Meaning you don't need to wait for the vehicle to come to complete halt to downshift. The stopping efficiency will be always better in lower gears.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  9. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT

RPM figures vs speedo readings will remain same, as the Speedo cable is connected to the gearbox,and the Rotation of the drive shaft will be the same. But the distance covered per rotation of wheel will be different.
    You could use a GPS speedo and check the % difference.
    2 people like this.
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    That was not my intention. Sorry. I have reported the post to mods to edit it.
    2 people like this.