1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Which tyre you got at that profile? ? I was planning on going for this profile(as many options are available in this) than 205/55 with fewer choices..Rather than reading about how much error etc involves a wrong upsize its better to read from people's experience. (I was under the impression only mileage and speedo would be affected)
    But few mentioned in the forum to have been running in this setup with out much noticeable differences..

Btw you planning on running in the existing setup? Or downsize to oem spec?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    i don't remember anyone running with 205/65 :)
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I do remember Enki talking about replacing his wheel well protection. This upsize explains why :A :A

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    my 195/65 R15 tyres touch wheel arch on full turns but since speed at those times is hardly 10kmph, it doesn't do much harm!

enki might be taking such turns at higher speeds hence the damage :):)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I must say that it was some iq and memory too. But that is not the case, very first thing I ensured that they are not touching anywhere. Had a detailed test drive and even after turning full, there is good inch distance to everything. The protector was torn when bumper scraped really bad. Rest f the work was done by wind. I pushed it inside with a temporary provision, should work till I get another one. Going for high profile will definitely affect if you are cornering at high speed, that you won't like for a car which feels like on rails. An emotion of regret that I spoiled cornering of my car is enough of the discomfort.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Goodyear or simply you can ask for "Innova waala Tyre" as they call it. It is a set back of 20000 so planning to run at least 30000 kms and then revert to original. I have mentioned the tradeoffs. If you love the comfort, it soaks anything with this suspension and you will absolutely love it. You will condems yourself later if you are fond of cornering at speeds above 130 km/hr, not threatening but fun spoiling With a sense of undue risk which was never there before! You have to avoid such stuff. By the way, if you drive normal and don't prefer going over 120 km/hr, nothing will be noticeable other than negligible loss of FE.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Some of ramjn's poking habits caught. Good one though. You mean I always park at 100 km/hr and claim a few lives everytime. Lol!
  7. I drive from speed ranging from 0 to anything ;-)
    The upsize planned was supposed to be for better grip and handling..but niw I think I have to settle for 195/60 only..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Anything more than 3% is an overkill.
    I had upgraded tyres in my Previous car and the outcome was 3.4% it was still manageable.
    But what you have done,is an extreme overkill with those MUV tyres.
    And this is expected behaviour,handling will go for a toss for sure.
    Can you post RPM figures in 5th gear at 80/100/120?
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You bet! If you go for 205/55, it will challenge your backbone on Indian roads. This is just the right mixture of comfort and performance.

- - - Merged Post - - -

How was 3.4% calculated? I referred this calculator which is already attached.
    These MUV tires are like being on waterbed, try it. As i said, Anything noticeable will be during extremes only.
    RPM figures yet to be noticed in 5th gear, you brought it to me thanks!, let me note and post
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2013
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

From the tyre size calculator,with your upsize,pretty sure there will be noticeable change in RPM vs Speed readings.