1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Off topic !!

Someone should rename this thread to "Lol n Troll" :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    trolling,eh ?

Now I understood why brakes gave up,thank you Sir.

I am am not even a graduate,what else one can expect,let alone driving concepts. I understood my foolishness, ending it. No more comments here.
    Peace.
    2 people like this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

A rare post of you where you preferred to hold on for a second. Liked that, we are not hitting a concrete wall here.

Mate, ECU has to have some role in things like torque distribution among wheels and ABS etc. Moden cars brakin has a lot to do with ECU and engine. If you press the clutch, you never know how it would affect todays car braking. Pressing clutch along with brakes could be one reason, though you are one to judge that because you must have felt car behaving awkwardly and not anyone else.

You can also research on your clutch, that can be one of reason of underperformance. Stop doing this hilarious stuff like improving power to weight ratio.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Exactly!!!!!
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Now that we have experts here, can someone help me with the bumpy ride issue of my car :D

Just kidding guys, I have decided to roll back to older suspension any which ways. Can't wait for that moment !!! ;)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Our off topic thread has gone way too off topic :D

tasting the Italian delight!
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys, this is one cool calculator. People swapping bigger tires hardly consider this. Well, it affects your speedo big time. I have recently swapped 205/65-R15 (GT) from the stock which is obviously 195/60-R15 (GT) for 2011 models of 90HP.

Tire size calculator

After swapping the tires, i have felt that Speedo wasn't showing same reading what it did earlier with stock tires. Not only this, mileage too is lowered by a considerable amount, almost 40-50 kms/tankful with the same driving style. I found this calculator and it is showing an error of 5.3% and Revs dropping by 5% per Mile. It means it will show you 113 km/hr when you should be actually 120 km/hr with stock tires. Swapping to 1 inch bigger alloy to stock can induce as much as 6.2% difference in speedo. Swapping to 2-inch extra induces 13% Error:eek:.

Due to bigger sidewalls and rubber getting soft after running 5000 kms, i don't feel car as sure footed as it was with 195/60_R15 at big loopy turns at high speed. Since, Tires with bigger sidewalls do aid suspension, ride etc. so recommended only if you drive sedate and comfort is the priority. If you want performance and want to corner like a FIAT, it's a big mistake:A.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Enki,

You need to go have a read at carbibles.com

Rajan
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Enki, thats a tremendous increase in GC, 16.25 mm to be exact! its natural that handling would be affected to an extent. better profile would have been 205/55 or 205/60 at the max!

do your front tyres rub the wheel arch on full turns? mine do with 195/65 profile so i believe it should certainly happen with you too
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Took you long enough. That's the innova's stock size you just opted fyi. And yes your right over/under sizing makes quite a difference in the speedo and the readings.

Sent from my Micromax karbonn lemon using Tapatalk 2