1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I tried weight reducing by removing Seats door plastics ice speakers window panes spare wheel rear bumper engine hood enginw guard glove box and other panels.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

Even if you drive with a bare engine, gearbox will work in the ratio as it was designed to work on. Its not going to change!
    If you don't like the gearbox, try changing it to something else rather than stripping the car.
    1 person likes this.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If you would have used just the word "My Car" instead of 90HP, all written above was acceptable. On top of that, you say that you are a Sluggish errr.. a sedate driver.

1. Quite a bit of time from 2nd gear to reach power band which equal FE compromised: Interesting! I though it was sluggish in 1st gear, 2nd gear: a gentle surge from 1750 rpm, 2250 RPM@ it takes off, another surge @ 3000 RPM and goes upto 70 km/hr @ 5000 RPM before engine start demanding for another gear.

This is what exactly what 2007 Verna CRDI does. Don't argue, swapped and tested for whole week again and again. The pull is just a little bit intense in Verna but that's it.

Does your 90HP does it exactly, check it and let us know? Make no mistake, that car beats 90 HP in 1st gear. It's 1st gear is butter smooth and really take off. Great for straight drags, no doubt about it. This 1st gear is the real difference & actually leads 90 HP when it comes to 0-100.

Try this in your 90HP and come back with stats..
    In 3rd gear @ 5100 RPM, it should be at 120-125 km/hr
    In 4th gear @ 5100 RPM, it should be at 150-155 km/hr

If you don't achieve similar figures, your 90HP is indeed sluggish.

2. Punto's gear box is flawed: If you talking about long throws and long clutch, that's completely individual. It is changes gear very smooth and long throws is a matter of get used to. I never had even slightest of issue with this. It's opposite here, it's terrible how closely spaced the gears are in other cars.

3. Clutch plate:
    95% of city driving with 150 kms everyday in Delhi. This car covers 50% of distance in 2nd gear, 45% in 3rd and remaining 5% in 4th and 5th gear. I take around 5-6 hrs to cover those 150 kms each day with an avg. speed of 25-30 km/hr, IN DELHI. The car's performance is intact after 55000 KMs and Gear@speed@RPM is best way to know if clutch is affected. Mine, not affected even by 0.01%. If your's is, either a manufacturing fault or your driving style, period!
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I hope you are aware of power to weight ratio, I bet. or Do you? when you advice me not to strip my car.

I guess we are matured and scaly skinned people around, hope nobody is getting hurt or reading in between the lines.lol.
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Pressing the clutch pedal every time we brake is definitely a flawed driving style. And we blame the brakes. :) This practice wears out both the clutch and the brakes faster. Hope you come out of this habit soon.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    3 people like this.
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You said it ,a gentle surge, well I dint like that in my punto.

0.01%! may I know the instrument used to measure hundredth of clutch wear ?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Well noted. Thanks
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Can you rise above your purpose of trolling? I also said that it absolutely takes off at 2250 RPM? did you read that?
    If clutch is gone, your RPM@Speed calibration is also gone. I would start getting lower speeds at higher rpms. it's very first sign of getting to know the condition. That performance is intact and so is the clutch.

Now do you simply want to know what's wrong with your 90 HP or if you will keep trolling like this, better i stop reading your trolling stuff.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    that results into engine coasting.car will be in out of control.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fantastic point! Special like to this.
    Its unfortunate how people are so ahead of themselves, talking things like bhp/ton but basic driving concepts not clear.
    2 people like this.
  10. Hey I was wondering why keep the engine..I say that will reduce another quintal and half probably..power to weight ratio eh?? Almost by a factor of 15% will be enhanced...try this and keep us posted..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    5 people like this.