1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is off topic thread, but please have self imposed restrictions.
    Refrain from any personal comments, if somebody makes a comment, please report, not reply in same manner.

Last 2 posts are deleted. Normally this thread is not moderated, but please use this thread, what it is meant for.

I am sure no one wants this to be closed.

Lets have fun (within limits) here.
    6 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    what happened to this car?
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    full body wash?? :evilsmile
    3 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Nothing serious.

I removed everything removable. inside out to make it lighter. Did some measurements.

Then I had a thought why not paint the small scratch/dent on right door before I put everything back so that I had to cover less. when my brother clicked this.
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges few days more to say good bye to bumpy ride :D

BTW loved that reply of yours.:thumbup:

In the end, we all have some or the other problems with the car but we also love our cars the most. Else we wouldn't have had our id on this forum just to discuss Punto vs Swift stuffs and have a heated argument and debate.

On that note, no more swift vs Punto arguments.

From few previous posts by fellow members, I now deeply regret for not buying a swift and instead having bought a sluggish, flawed, and lastly an average car (Fiat Punto 90HP). :D

Over and out !!!!

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Swift owners:
    go weeeeeeee.... we the swift..swift and sharp :p

Punto owners:
    make the move. ya, my sluggish car, now that I have bought you, just move :D

P.S I'm a punto supporter, in case we are still arguing
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Different (multiple) tyre profiles / brands. :D
    2 people like this.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    shams,
    Yeah,after every highway run i have full body wash. :D

Yeah , but the same axle have same brand / profile tyre , i'm still in safety zone ;)
    you gave me reminder, i have to swap the tyres,front on Yoko AVS DB and rear BS MY-02 :D
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Punto90hp-Sluggishness yes.It takes quite a bit of time from 2nd gear to reach power band which equal FE compromised.

From day one I believe Punto's gear box is flawed :(. I thought running in would cure it but did not.I don't know what they were smoking while they made this gearbox.
    For a highway cruiser he is bit safe. but for a city commuter there are chances of quick wear out of clutch plates and jerks while shifting especially in first 2 gears.unless otherwise he is seasoned driver.

But again,it is alright when weight of the car is reduced by 150kg. either fiat swapped this GBox from some other lighter model or there was some goof up.

I am just putting my thoughts, if anybody feels offended please report it and mods can delete.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I guess the weight was reduced by removing the anti roll bar and not changing the gear box