1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Exactly sir, you called it an average car and mentioned quiet a few times that brakes are fine, yes quiet a few times..when you yourself lack confidence to drive a swift(you are a sedate driver hardly going past 80kmph), now it makes me wonder why would you go on and on when other people were bashing swift..

Ps:regarding your age(after knowing and meeting you in person)that was just pure respect, fine if you want to misinterpret it..

Anyways we are proud arrogant indian

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. I feel sorry for you sir, may you get well soon..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Swift is an average car so is punto.
    Swift scores great in power delivery and gear ratios. Even handling and steering response is almost at par. With far better fuel efficiency.
    Punto is solid built. comfortable ride.

I am not trying to spark off an argument but it is a fact.
    Peace.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

It can tilt in anybody's favor for nothing, doesn't give a damn for the rest of the body and mind. One of my friend here commented something on Punto's performance comparison. He recently bought a new Fluidic CRDI Verna 1.6 so it was obvious. I threw Punto keys on the table and ask him to do this as well. There is 3 kms stretch here with 2 loopy turns and U turn. Who ever will come back first will be owner of the two cars. The other has to take an Auto to go home.

He declined because he has been with me 100s of times at these loopy turns in my car, he exactly knew what i meant here.... he will lose his car or his life. There are 3 Swift owners (Petrol+Diesel) and very close friends as well. None of them ever attempted to utter a "P" of Punto, comparing their swift is like a sin for them:evilsmile

As i said earlier, these people have been allowed to speak like this because they have never been among real FIAT Enthusiasts.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @enki,
    plz display your confidence words practically during TFI meets. I'm sure it works.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fiat Punto Evo Sport 2012 v1.0 [RIV] for GTA 4

Wow!!
    3 people like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    let me challenge you with my 75 hp :D . i need to install Blind spot mirror on my OVRM :D
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Enki maybe they own old swift which isn't RS edition.

Now with the sporty RS stickers, swift can surely outdo a Punto 75HP. :D

Ok, I am out of the debate in swift vs Punto coz comparing apple to oranges never made any sense to me by far.

Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Who are these REAL fiat enthusiasts? Those who disrespect other people's non fiat choices or who have gone blind due to obsession towards what they own trying to exaggerate anything favorable .

I have witnessed this trend with swift/dzire owners as well,and once one of the biggest of big mouth was caught red handed, who claimed high speed performance in simile.His false claims lead many many to follow his advice .

I am not advocating high speed stunts at least not with fiat punto.When somebody aggrandize with false figures it is more likely an advertisement for those naive.

These kind of aggrandizement affects subconscious of other drivers ending up in severe fatalities.

I am a sedate driver.I love what ever car I am in ,drive long with my Nikon. But of course Punto suits me better due to many good reason.My first car was a logical choice,Indica Vista (Not swift) but I had to sell it off within 12 months because Punto bought me in the Interim (A lethal attraction).
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Thats the reason according to me. sedate drivers tend to appreciate Fiats less than their aggressive counterparts. One can feel the difference on driving aggressively.
    All said and done, its better to lay this argument to rest as its heading nowhere! to each his own.
    2 people like this.