1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
  2. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    SWIFT RS , RS may be just Racing Stickers :D

Sent from my XOLO A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Come on people. Lets not offend the Swift owners in the forum. After all even our own FIAT tried to pass off the 90 HP as sport with just some vinyl decals.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @patchyboy not to forget the sporty pedals and sporty red stitching on seats :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow racing stickers.. :)
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

But Fiat did it with the VGT and the fully loaded trim. Not a mediocre V trim with the 1.2 or 1.3 75HP. And there were 16k worth of genuine real accessories, not just half body kits and stickers and colored wheel caps. Moreover, Fiat got the pricing right.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    3 people like this.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT did its best and Maruti is trying to do its best, though it is not good enough for some of us.

I am sure there will be plenty of people who will be proud to own a Maruti Swift RS, nothing less :D

Rajan

PS: Looks like someone missed the sarcasm in my previous post ;)
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Would love to know what Maruti did as best with this particular release? Please enlighten.

Is it powerful enough to warrant a special RS tag?

Is it loaded with enough safety kit?

Is it having all bells and whistles of the ZXi or ZDi trims?

No.

They are just run of the mill mid variants with puny tyres and weak brakes with no convenience features like ACC. Just another wannabe racer car.

No sane person would give a 24k premium over for these stuff. Instead would get the Z trim. What about you, given a choice, the RS or the Z? :)

And oh, I did not and do not see any sarcasm in your penultimate post, mate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    3 people like this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It has the RS badge. That is more than enough for a lot of people. Nothing to enlighten here. I know of people who waited 6+ months to get a swift variant with ABS. Given a chance, personally, I wouldn't be seen dead in a swift, especially after having driven the mini cooper extensively. Swift is after all a wannabe mini cooper. Period.

Rajan
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's not FIAT's definition of Sports actually, it's local crowd's mentality and FIAT is forced to do that. They gave way more power when people had no idea about Sports and were given thumb down. If someone wants Sports at Rs. 7 Lacs, this is what you get. Let's not be too harsh with FIAT. They have given VGT and well made cars at a lesser price than FGT/obsleted-diesel-Engines from other manufacturers. People criticize that Engine feels like working hard after 165 but that is what you get for what you are prepared to spend. Lets see what other brands do, "Same performance and tons of risk absolutely free of cost in their unrefined cars at a considerable more price". FIAT has to go what Market demands. They don't want to swim against the flow, nothing wrong here, just badluck for a very nominal bunch of people in billions who think otherwise.

If there would be true performance lovers who don't hesitate to spend a good chunk of hard earned money, They won't hesitate putting 2 ltr MJD in Punto and call it Abarth "Especially made for India". FIAT loves doing this, this is what they passionately do when they are at their best. You know it, If they would good enough power and other dynamics to support the same, it will be in 10 lacs bracket and then you will laugh, a Hatch back costing this much. It won't sell even in 10s, forget about 100s.

Human tendency, see only -ve side. Companies like Maruti are biggest sellers because of Automotive consciousness of the crowd here, not FIAT's. Swift 75 HP with decals will be accepted as a true performance model. Don't know why but i am feeling very protective about FIAT today:A