1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. venka

venka BANNED

Hey

Do you really think your remap has increased to 109hp or it has come down to 71hp , instead of increasing those many it might have decreased.

Lamely your blaming just because you went through such a horrible incident or you not driven it the core. Who knows your remap may be culprit.

It's human tendency to blame on something when the things doesn't doesn't go as expected.

Mine is 75 hp 2012 model with stock tyres I was able to reach 170@4200 rpm.

Stop blaming. think on the other side of the truth, why it happened this way ??

God grace n build quality , nothing happened to you n your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you are speaking on behalf of all punto 75 owners here!! dont know about others but i have taken my punto beyond 170 atleast a hundred times in my ownership of 3 yrs.
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This is not a race forum neither 190kmph is true.

@Enki I doesnt matter to me if I dont login to the Tfi ever . even if you say it in 3 words""jay you shouldn't comeback" I won't. There is no need of any conditions here.I have lot more other interesting things to do.
    I login to tfi out of love towards my car. and falsifying and misleading .I couldnt stand.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    May be you got 'Super Turbo' when they replaced yours? :D
    2 people like this.
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Mate, we don't live on peak of a mountain to have two different speeds everyday in no context to each other. Also I wonder what Engine braking really means when we say downhill. One day it has calmly climbed 185 km/hr and touched 190 km/hr after some waiting, other day it works very hard to get 180 km/hr on the same road, that's what it has been for me. I don't know what people are debating here for, downhill or uphill, or even things like humidity too, i don't know, but If it goes then it goes. All we remember that i was not driving down a hill, it was just a road and was looking perfectly levelled... why this trolling?

There is also a thing about FIAT diesel, if you drive them aggressively, the ECU may use map suting to your driving style. There could be even more reasons that i and you don't know, does it lower the speed anyhow? A car at 190 km/hr is at 190 km/hr... right?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry..totally lost...what are we discussing? What are we trying to prove ?
    Sorry again, this is an off-topic thread; one can discus anything here...:confused:
    1 person likes this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramjn,
    i think it was with stock turbo.if it was after the turbo replacement as well then sham is having special edition of punto.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You bet I am, and I still stand strong on that, "punto 75hp does not go beyond 170 on a straight piece of tarmac". But the speedo does read more once on downhill or when gunning with the wind, but on a straight(no downhill/wind) no way.

Sent from my HTC Galaxy A116 using Tapatalk 2
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You asked me to post a pic. I will post pic at exactly the speed you are having doubts. In return, i want you to shut off all your conspiracy theories about top speed on 90HP. I have no problem you logging on to TFI but it's your mistrust on fellow members. Hopefully you won't call it a "chipped Punto" later.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Phew, Let's not impose any restrictions like that. We are not referring any GPS speeds here. Whatever figure is stated is strictly FIAT's speedo. It may not be the half equilant of GPS speedo but none has referred GPS speed here.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well then your above statement ends the discussion, since the situation and environments are different so will the speeds be so if Jayadev has not achieved 190kmph then no one can complain about it nor can anyone reach a conclusion that the Fiat cars have this-or-that speed.

We all better accept as and what everyone has experienced and achieved and end this top speed battle here

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.