1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @jaydev,
    Have you driven punto 75hp ?
    The sluggishness in punto is same, from the day 1 of my ownership till date of 70,000 Kms.This is how FIAT wanted i guess.Yes the wait also matters a lot.
    But if you are driving in proper gear slot and change of gear is in proper torque band,you will not feel any sluggishness.
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    You are spot on, Ganges. There is no difference between 75 and 90 in city driving. I haven't felt any sluggishness till date with my Linea.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Not much can be drawn from such instances, lot of factors are unknown and most of the info is based on assumption.
    I have seen a similar case with a linea tailgating an innova and in the process loosing its left headlamp+fog lamp+bumper at merely a speed of 20kmph as the traffic had just moved from a redlight. The innova stopped because of a traffic instructor blocked his way and then BAM in comes the linea and out go the lights and bumper. So based on such instances I would refrain from drawing to any conclusion whether or not the cars brakes are good or whether the drivers capable enough. All these remain assumptions to my knowledge.

Sent from my HTC Galaxy A116 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Real off-topic -

What is your phone?
    1 person likes this.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Htc ONE.

The tapatalk settings gave an option to modify signature, so went ahead and got rid of some boredom.

2 people like this.
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @phew agree :) this incident too happened when the vehicles started moving the moment lights were green

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

if i show you a bigger pic, will you stop logging on TFI:evilsmile?
    Anyone can see that needle has crossed 180 km/hr in the pic, that is crystal clear. Your 175 claim is already for a toss but i don't mind doing it again provided "You have to promise that you will never login here, ever again!!". I will share in the clearest of resolution possible that can FIT your monitor and eyes.

I highly doubt if you have ever test-driven a FIAT, forget about owning/topspeeding/driving it.
    I have not seen a single rider who dared to follow for 100 mtrs when i am in mood, be it any car, i have no idea what kinda people have surrounded you. Why are you allowed to speak about FIAT like that? Buy a dog to help you out of the misery of life and lets stop wasting time. If you further want some timepass, watch below pic, at least it will help with some emotions...

Fiat_Punto_Abarth_Wallpaper_by_Active_Design.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    theres one on my ownership thread as well :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

As i told, no proof is enough for ignorants. People with 75 hp Punto are clocking 180 km/hr, this guy can't believe for 90 HP and he owns one too, sure!! Why people hate this brand so much when it's not even selling in enough numbers to be seen across?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is that in a straight line or is that speed achieved on a downhill in a 75hp punto.
    Punto 75hp speedo doesn't go beyond 170kmph on a straight line no matter who drives it.(no downhill,wind angle, and all the mumbo jumbo)
    If your all talking of top speeds and all better make sure the environments and surroundings are same in all cases no point in fighting over this when one is testing top speed on a downhill while other is trying in a straightline and maybe someone smart enough to go uphill and try it.

Simple you people wanna prove a point show your top speed on a straight tarmac, no incline/decline, head wind no head wind. Should help reach a conclusion over this not-so-useful conversation.

PS : STRAIGHT PIECE OF TARMAC.
    Instances of uphill/downhill, wind/no wind, slipstream or no slipstream shall not be entertained and will be deemed as USELESS.

Hope everyone's cool with that.

1 person likes this.