1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lol! Like they say, There is some "buri Nazar" on my beauty these days. I don't know but some-one is really jealous of me and my 90 HP.
    There was heavy rainfall some 10-15 days ago. I delhi, typically water gets deposited under flyovers because of Bowl shape and no drainage. Most of the vehicles were stopping, a few were crossing it but at very less speed, in 1st Gear. I saw and felt like "What the hell these people are gathering for:confused:, show these people what a FIAT can do". I absolutely zipped through the water @ 60 km/hr. Heard some Glass cracking sound and pulled it over. The glass over left Foglight couldn't stand the pressure and broke, though the Foglight is working. A set back of around Rs. 2000.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    :evilsmile
    Why did you zip past at that speed i cannot imagine
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Not a clue till now, your guess is as better as mine:D
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    U could upgrade to new Punto or Linea next year..but currently u have no choice except for Abarth for which running cost is lot..drive ur Paula for another 6-8 months..r u kidding or serious abt selling ur Paula??
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Nadeem that was my question to a fellow member @Jayadev... I don't think apart from Linea I do have a choice to upgrade at the moment.

Coz somehow after driving FIAT for 8000+ kms I don't think I can fall for any other car below 10 lakhs budget.

Hope my next car is Jeep Wrangler :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Normal punto90hp is too boring and sluggish for me. Mine is already 109bhp with Air, remap and modified exhaust.it is sad to say but punto stock doesn't fare well to keep up with additional torque and power.even the brakes are not upto the mark.just as some people are lying about top end speed and performance of punto 90hp, whatever you just read is also a lie.
    come on guys be honest. this a fiat only forum.stop pretending owning an abarth modified punto . otherwise prove it with stock one.dont give excuses that mobile phone is lost, too shy to reveal the figure, air drag blah blah.you are not talking to a hyundai ! 20 owner. At least I am enough proud of punto to achieve 0-100kmph in 11.8sec by removing some dead weights.
    Peace.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    @Jaya,
    Your claims holds good on the 2013 refreshed models too? Though internally much hasnt changed but atleast i am assuming some kinda tweaking might have been done by FIAT.

Its not good bragging about the max speed values actually since it might provoke other people to do it on their own and risk everything. This is not a racing forum you see my friend :)
  9. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    A small incident happened today while I was driving to office.

An auto guy changed lane without indication and the lady in swift was right behind him at speed of around 30 - 40 kmph and I hear "bang".

As I was behind the swift my car came to dead stop without any fuss and am safe, but the lady had to combat the auto guy for this :)

Deep inside, I felt great that atleast my Fiat stops spot on at lower speeds as I have come across such incidents quite a few times on Bangalore roads.

You can blame the driving manners of the lady too but sudden braking in bumper to bumper traffic couldn't get her car in control ? That's the question :)

I am more than glad to change my brake pads at every 10k interval provided my car assures me that I am safe.

To be honest,i really don't understand why 0-100 figures matter so much to us when most of our commutes are on normal roads and not on race tracks.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    More than the car itself, the driving manners and skills matter most in such cases. To some, the vehicle is an extended part of the body. To some others, it's just a carrier from point A to point B. To the former, braking or stopping the car is as habitual as blinking of the eye brow much before something hits.

I have seen people driving to office in the morning multitasking: having breakfast, speaking on mobile, and also "driving whenever possible".
    3 people like this.