1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

The Like was especially for the last line Imran bhai! :)
  2. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @platinumshine honestly, after driving Punto, I somehow don't get that feel good factor in any hatchback available in segment.

I was planning to trade my car for the Ecosport but when I saw it in flesh and blood for the first time, I felt Punto still wins over it looks wise. I sat in the Ecosport and closed the door and felt something was missing, the "Famous thud" of our Italian beauties. Dint even bother to test drive it and went back home on my Punto.

Despite of all the problems, i find it really hard or impossible to hate my Punto :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The same i can achieve on 75Hp.The problem is on the open stretch.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Lookwise, there is nothing as delicious as Punto, ageless design. Mind it, it has been 4th year running in India where other companies are well into their 2nd or third facelift. Car looks good, sometimes terrific but when you keep seeing them day and day over, they start looking pretty ordinary after an yr or two.

Same is not the case with Punto or Linea. It's not a Fashion statement actually which has a finite age, more like contemporary, smooth and simplicity at it's best, yet very sporty at the same time, rare of rarest of combinations.

I don't think so that FIAT can improve on Punto's look any further, they shouldn't actually. Keep revising those grills and bumpers, but don't mess with it too much. It's just breathtakingly beautiful.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

You bet. :)

I saw the Ecosport yesterday for the first time on streets of Pune. I was expecting it to be bigger than what I saw. I was in my i20 along side the Ecosport and could gauge that it is only the height in which the Ecosport was larger than my i20.
    Many a colleagues of mine compare it with Duster; well the Duster is far more SUVish than Ford's new offspring!
  6. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @platinumshine yup, Ecosport is much appropriate to be put into hatchback segment. Not sure about the driving dynamics as Ford has all good handlers in its portfolio :)

7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Ok how about a bit of change from EcoSports and Punto towards Chryslers Dodge? Already Jeep is entering, i really wish for a Dodge Challenger or Charger. Man what a muscle car.
    I am not sure how well it would perform on Indian conditions....
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That famous thud is flawed.which is imposed upon you guys by morons in some other famous forums.

You should try out the european version of Punto Linea.it operates similar to how Volkswagen and Polo or Vento(Indian) or any other tough high end car unlike what you think.

Peace.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @jayadev I own a Fiat Punto 90HP.. are you sure you do own one too ? Coz your hate posts more seem like "The dealer sold you a Chinese car in Fiat's disguise" and you are unhappy about every bit of it.

Sir, mention 1 car in Indian market within the range of 10 lakhs that has solid build quality, high speed stability, perfectly calibrated and weighted power steering and good brakings (in short a driver's car). I will sell my Punto right away and switch over to that fabulous machine. (Exclude Linea from the list coz even that's a Fiat).

Appreciate your valuable inputs ;)

1 person likes this.