1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    in cities it is mangeable with low GC, if you are driving in the interim of Karnataka where entry and exit of the village starts and ends with mighty speed breakers on the road then be carefull.5mm is more than enough to escape from all speed bumps.i'm happy with my tire upgrade of 195/65/R15
    2 people like this.
  3. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges the front portion of my car is stiff and the rear is working fine. Another 1000 kms and I shall change front struts too.

Even after that if the ride remains same, am gonna join the low GC club :D

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    imran,
    how do you test the stiffnes ?
    i believe by opening the bonnet and applying force downwards to check the shock-abs action?
    i have recently checked similar way,the applied force downwards gives immediate reaction,but only once.

P.S:- What is stiffness here :)
  5. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges I had got entire suspension opened and checked. They remove the struts and depress the rod till the end and wait for it to come up. The rod should come back to original position in some specified time to conclude the the strut is functional.

Service center guys didn't find it up to the mark hence they have told me they will replace the front struts too after I hit 9000 kms right now am at 8100 kms :)

Apart from that, if when you press the car after opening the bonnet, there is action but when you drive it on road, it gives you the bump even when you go over minute stone or undulation. The shock enters cabin without getting insulated or masked which is really annoying to the passengers.

When I go over the speed breakers at speed of 20 kmph, it gives a feel "thud" as if the shocks have gone bad or not functional.

Considering all the above aspects I can conclude that the suspension at front is way too stiff when compared to other Puntos (2012) :)

6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    imran,
    that was good piece of info,you enlighten me the working condition of my shock-abs.

i have experienced this many times on my ride. :) now dont say that...........
  7. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @Ganges that's the rear suspension thud ? Am talking about the front suspension thud when going over the steep bumps :)

Man, you are running on a suspension that's a class apart, trust me, it can and does put of lot of so called wonderful cars to shame :D

Sadly, I was very late to choose Punto (after 2012), I sometimes regret of having delayed my decision of buying a new car for so long :banghead:

8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I have no idea what FIAT's expert panel was smoking... Perhaps FIAT wanted to raid into SUV segment after they failed in B-Segment hatch/sedan class. These are their new SUVs offered with least amount of invenstment possible, the only logical explanation of this.

Since the time Jeep is added to their portfolio, They can't hide grin on their faces & fancy themselves as Best SUV Makers instead of Cars :A. The psycological effect is shown in their facelifted models. hilarious.... trying to invent a new breed of vehicles.. hehehe!! These idiots have ruined their great cars, they are pretending to do business but it's just 2 jokes cracked on Indians. Let's keep this fun going and "keep complaining to FIAT's mgnt. that despite of enhanced GC, their cars still scrap from below". :evilsmile

Let us see with what GC Italian Dumbo's come up in model year 2014. FIAT is hopeless when it comes to business, i have no idea on secret of their survival.
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Nopes ,its the front suspension noise.
    its almost 2 and half years, its time now for me to get check with the suspension set-up.i have already changed once strut pads.

i yet to drive 90hp :( .if i can drive my 75hp as sports car, i'm imagining if i had that extra 15hores ? :D .
  10. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    @ENKI i guess i have no choice but roll back to the older suspension. I dont want a mini suv, i want a perfect hatch ;)

If it has to be an SUV, then Jeep it is. Now until i make some good amount of money, i shall roll back the suspension and enjoy the 90 horses ;)

@Ganges Its fun on highways, trust me. Any flashing lights at the rear view mirror, the 90 horses run and the car behind effortlessly loses my tail :D

Apart from the ride, am totally in love with every nut and bolt of Exotica Red Italian chick :-D
    2 people like this.