1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Thread for all off-topic discussions/comments/chat etc

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by nk4FIAT, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Even I have banged my swift with a apsrtc bus on the highway that also at speed in excess of 120kmph.The car just wouldnt stop, I have lived to tell the tale.moreover i had an insurance lapse and had to shell out a lot from my pocket(i agree thats my ignorance) Had it been a car with better brakes would have avoided the accident totally.I have come across such freak episodes in my punto 90hp aswell as punto active with punny tyres, but still I managed to escape unscathed..

Btw that was totally an advice, nothing personal there buddy..we need to get over the past and stop living in it..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  2. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That is what I am saying about Punto90hp.It is not safe especially for people those who go by internet texts and ambitious claims of fanboys has to be cautioned.

Of course when I had my incident ,it did not happened out of what I concluded from fanboys claims that fiat punto Brakes are invincible.No Not at all.

At those times there was not much of discussions on Veyron braking in 10 secs (i.e 1/4 mile).

I was in my own world loving and living driving.I can say I went little overboard overconfident that I know my brakes and Bang.
    since then I have done umpteen number of high speed attempts and braking to recreate it, it showed some sign of poor braking after long drive in mid day,when everything is boiling.I guess pads softens and friction is reduced or too much brake dust compromising the bite.I dont know yet.

Btw Poorest of brakes I have seen in my life is of an Ambassador car which my friend drives ,he is a Taxi driver (by choice after Doctorate in Maths). the car is 1995 model I guess and it never banged anything yet.I dont think it can cross 80kmph but brakes remains consistent;dull to act and hard to press.

After all this Off topic thread ,hope you won't mind.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

see, you got the exact meaning of my post, LOLOL!
    Anyways, there is a way to avoid a sudden collision even at such speed (in a Punto). Bring it down to 100km/hr and turn to full right with handbrake pull with the other hand. You would stop with in 30 feet facing towards the direction you were coming from. Obviosly the road needs to be at least 25 feet wide. Since you were at very high speed, anything behind should be at a good distance away and you can get away with sprain in your neck and back because of sudden G_forces. It's easier said that done but it can be done with ease in Punto as it never loses its steering even under hardest of braking. I can PM you some sample videos if you wish.

As I said earlier, to win fear here is must. If you are caught in fear, nothing like mentioned above can help because mind stops working under fear. Best is to completely avoid it if one has slightest of doubt. A car at such speed can claim a lots of lives. You were fortunate that it was Punto and I am again thankful to Fiat
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Well Buddy I know some english but this ,can you help me translate,even google failed.

How to bring it down from 80kmph to 100kmph ? Please explain.
    I am all ears,
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    ENKI normally drives at 180 and that he should have meant to bring it down to 100 from 180. :D

Experience is better than anything. After having experienced Punto/Linea, I have strong confidence and faith with the Fiat Brakes. I have not driven a Liva yet and don't have any intention of driving it too. I have avoided collisions multiple times just because of the awesome braking of Linea. Period.

Can we put this Liva vs Punto Brake discussion to rest please?
  6. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Where would that be,on the keyboard or in the internet?

Fastest I could do with punto 90hp is 175 kmph on the odo with some tricks. which means 166kmph actual. Manufacturer claims 164mph with +5 percent error in Odo to be in safe region.That is where Engine revs are limited,probably measured through ABS monitor.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You wrote 172 km/hr first and then i happened to see .... BANG. I just read later that you had accident at 80-90 km/hr.
    Sorry for skipping a line or two, the above suggestion doesn't apply to you then. Got it now, You suddenly saw a Truck + Tractor appearing from no-where, you were at 80-90 km/hr. I believe your story now:evilsmile, it was just dumb of me.

Whatever has been your experience, let's stop spreading rubbish things about a FIAT because they make awesome/fun-to-drive cars. Punto + Linea aren't selling much so you shouldn't be worried about Indian Population in grave danger situation. So here is a cool souvenir from EnKi which i am sure you will hate beyond words zcZKQmRItjDsoaq.jpg

Fiat_Grande_Punto_A_366923a.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

who said you are the end of the world? Look at profile pic, its on 190 km/hr and it's Indian Punto's dash.
    3 people like this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    My eyesight is very poor to figure out the needle in Odo,kindly post a bigger Pic of red needle touching the 190 mark.

My Bad.I think I missed how you achieved the limit.Links if any.
    I hope you somehow managed to compensate for torque loss ,eager to know how.
    Thanks in advance.
  9. Tricks?? Hmmm..dont say me to loose weight suddenly you started dropping your co-passengers from the running car??
    Man seriously am I reading excerpts from google? Or is it you writing??why is it others cant drive punto 90hp over 175(forget speedo error)? If you can drive at 175kph,then why not others above 175kmph if they get some factors like road angle wind direction etc in their favour??

Ps:punto 90 hp can easily be driven over the max speed claimed, have done it many times.Dont want to disclose the speed.
    Try to accept other people can be better than you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    2 people like this.
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I dont need to try but I admit others are better than me.Honestly.

But Allow me to know,let me also have the pleasure of going a bit faster. why keep me in dark ?
    This is a petrol head forum,just give me a link if you have posted it elsewhere or a pointer.I have been trying to figure out ways.but failed.
    So enlighten me please.Air intakes,Remaps,gearbox,exhaust modification ?
    No need to tell the figures but just how.

You are almost there buddy,weight reduction,check my ownership thread.
    I dont buy google wisdom that easily.I do it myown.period.
    1 person likes this.